• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Don Ellis Story Documentary Film

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEV1A

This should put to rest rumors on the Don Ellis Film....

Its called ELECTRIC HEART, runs 70 minutes and is in ENGLISH, rated for General Audiences.
Best Feature Doc The Kansas City Film Festival 2009
Music Appreciation Award The Paso Robles Digital Film Festival 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria Music Award The Sofia International Film Festival 2008
Finalist Moondance International Film Festival 2008
Finalist Central Florida Film Festival 2008
OFFICIAL WEBSITE for News, Screenings, Trailer etc.
http://www.DonEllisFilm.com

North American Rights are Available

Special Edition DVD Available through Sleepy Night Records (UK)
http://www.sleepynightrecords.com

DVD is All Region 220 minutes of Media including the Doc.

Here is a short description of the Film
----------------------------------------------------
ELECTRIC HEART don ellis (2008)
Sights & Sounds Films / Sleepy Night Records
A Documentary Film by John Vizzusi
70Minutes, ENGLISH, General Audiences

ELECTRIC HEART, don ellis is the story of one of the most innovative musicians of the 20th Century. Ellis (1934-1978) fused together a mixture of Jazz-Classical-Rock and his own version of World Music long before anyone else had thought of doing it. He was the first to experiment with odd rhythms as well as introducing electronics into the world of jazz. His life, times & music is explored with interviews from musical giants such as Bandleader, Maynard Ferguson, Pulitzer Winning Composer, Gunther Schuller as well as Pianist, Milcho Leviev. Rare footage of Ellis not seen in 30-40 years overwhelms the film as Ellis attempts to take Jazz to new heights and never look back. Strangely, his life story and musical genius has almost been completely forgotten. The unforgettable short life of one of the greatest musicians of all time is explored and a re-birth of the electrifying and magical sounds of Don Ellis are back for all to enjoy!

"ELECTRIC HEART gives Ellis his due!
-Dave Segal, The Stranger - Seattle

"A most uplifting and spirited Jazz Biography on one of the most Creative and Innovative Jazz Artists of all time!
-The Jazz Image

"A very serious portrait of one of the most important 20th Century music-makers."
-Milcho Leviev, Composer & Pianist

5 STARS
"Hopefully this Documentary will correct some of the misconceptions about Don Ellis and his Music and generate more interest in his many unique Recordings."
John Sunier, AudioPhile Audition

--------------------------------------------------

Ok... there it is, The Story of Don Ellis... well over a decade in the making, still searching for a Distributor in the USA. DVD available from the UK.

Enjoy!

John Vizzusi, Filmmaker

Yes, I did see the posts and there was inaccurate information on my Film and I wanted to let everyone know about ELECTRIC HEART and the Special Edition DVD. I hope you enjoy the Film!
John V. (new member)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom