• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

The forthcoming Remix Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
I discovered a site by electronica artist Mocean Worker (MoWo) (real name Adam Dorn) and there's discussion on the Whipped Cream remix project.(Ayone think this "DJBEAR" may be our own BJBEAR"???)

The URL for this discussion is: http://www.moceanworker.com/node/3165
and the home page is: http://www.moceanworker.com

A check of his discography is substantial even if it's relatively small.

From the post it looks like different artists are each taking a different track from WC&OD and doing their thing... And Herb as come in to redo his parts in at least some cases... This may well be worth the wait!

A perusal of some of the other artists mentioned may reveal more details...

--Mr Bill

The MoWo Website said:
Mowo! remixes Herb Alpert
October 6, 2005 - 10:38am
Mocean Worker has recently finished a remix of the classic HERB ALPERT song "Bittersweet Samba". The remix will be released on SHOUT FACTORY's "WHIPPED CREAM and OTHER DELIGHTS" (REMIXED ) and features remixes by Medeski Martin and Wood, Thievery Corporation and The Dust Brothers.

One of the coolest aspects of the remix is that HERB himself overdubbed some new trumpet on the remix!The remix has a funnky Brazilian street vibe to it.

Should be in stores spring '06.

Comment Submitted by DJBearSF (not verified) on October 9, 2005 - 11:08am.
Will you be the cover model for this version?

Whipped Cream and Other Delights was one of the best TJB albums! Can't wait! But when will someone do a Sergio Mendes & Brazil 66 remix project?

Comment Submitted by mowo on October 11, 2005 - 12:40pm.
I cannot give away the surprise of who will actually be on the cover of "WHIPPED CREAM AND OTHER DELIGHTS REMIXED" i was conisdered but when I got into my bikini all bets were off.

I can also now finally confirm the news that RIP TAYLOR is no longer in the running for the cover photo either.

sad........but true.

MOWO!

Comment Submitted by DJBearSF (not verified) on October 11, 2005 - 6:40pm.
I don't believe the original cover model was wearing a bikini...just the whipped cream.
Well, just so long as the new cover model isn't a Simpson (Jessica or Marge - tho' Homer might be amusing!)

A couple questions/things:
Why has it taken so long for a Herb Albert remix and why do you think there hasn't been a Brazil '66 remix project? - with so many djs like Rainer Truby, Gilles Peterson & Thievery Corp that are into the Brazilian sound, one would think Sergio Mendes would be prominent.

Would you consider posting some of your playlists to the website? I'd love to know what you are spinning at the gigs you are djing. (Wish I could just jet there to hear first hand, but...)

And yes, LA sux. That is why so many of us that grew up there have moved to the SF Bay Area!
Have you checked out DeepSpace NYC, Monday nights at Cielo with Francois K? I'd be there every week if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom