The Great Arrival and The Beat of Brasil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Jaramillo

I happen to have a copy of The Great Arrival on LP. I think it was a special order I placed in 1973. It has some great music, but have not seen much discussion on this forum about it. I don't have it handy with me, but some of the songs I remember that are on it are:

Borrasca
A Cheganca (The Great Arrival)
A Banda
Amor Em Paz
Manha de Carnaval

I have not listened to this album in over 10 years - part of it being because of a lack of a turntable. I only recently bought another turntable to replace the old one. My idea is to convert all of my Sergio Mendes LP's into CD's using my computer, CD Burner, and special software.

It seems to me this album might have been initially released in Brasil before Sergio came over to the US to record on A&M records. Is anybody familiar with this album? It is strictly instrumental and would not be surprised if not many people do not know about it.

By the way, does anybody remember the LP by Joao Donato called "The Beat of Brasil"? Joao plays piano, reminds me of Pete Jolly. He had a song on it called O Barquinho (The Little Boat) which is one of my favorites. I would sure like to get hold of this LP or CD and also Pete Jolly's Windows of the World LP or CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom