• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The search for this song is about to drive me crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayruhbeff

The more I've heard, the more I'm sure it is a Herb Alpert song. It has a cowbell in it and a piano along with Mr. Alpert on the trumpet. Everyone I ask recognizes it when I sing it (badly) but no one can name it. Can anyone help me before I go crazy? I'll be your best friend! :tongue:
thank you!
sarah

[email protected]

hi and welcome to the corner, if you can type the words for us that would help us out some, you said you can sing it. becasue then we all here in the corner, could narrow it down.
thanks
bob papp

I have a strong suspicion that Sarah Beth is thinking of Hugh Masekela's "Grazin' in The Grass" -- Cowbell, trumpet and piano are the main instruments in it...

--Mr Bill

This thread reminds me of questions I get in the store all the time. "Have you got that one song...I don't know who sings it...it's not all that new....actually I think it's a group...well it's not really country but not rock either....I don't know the words....no, it's not a ballad but sort of midtempo...etc"

Barnes & Noble has a neat system where you scan in the barcode at a listening station, and you can sample the first portion of each song on the disc.

:D

--Mr Bill
feelin perty proud uv hiz seff for figgerin this one out and heppin sarahbeff

Mr Bill said:

:thumbsup: , Dood! :D

The sad thing about this is, I didn't see any current Masekela CD in print that has the original version on it. The "hits" is a re-recording. The only place I can think of that might have it, might be some 60's compilation CD. Good luck with any title search on that one--it could be like finding a needle in a haystack!

Rudy said:
The sad thing about this is, I didn't see any current Masekela CD in print that has the original version on it.

Is Promise Of The Future out of print now? I thought I saw it a while back on Amazon. Just another example of how you have to buy things quickly when they come out.

Capt. Bacardi

It used to be on "Billboard Top Rock'N'Roll Hits: 1968" but Rhino changed the track listing and took it off.
It's still available on another great Rhino compilation, "Rock Instrumental Classics Volume 4: Soul".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom