The Singles Vinyl @ Target

In stock today in the music aisle at my store.
I ordered on line, so hopefully by the 4th like their website says????

While I’m waiting for mine to arrive- our Target is not carrying it- I did finish my “Fresh Look/ Revisited” review of The Singles 1969-1973. It will publish on my blog on Sunday the 1st.

Even though I had ordered it online, just in case it comes damaged, I went to one my local stores ndt they 8 in stock, so I picked one up. It's really nice vinyl and it does include the booklet!

Thanks for sharing, Greg! The vinyl looks fantastic. I'd be interested to know how it sounds. I'm looking forward to mine being delivered (and hopefully undamaged). :)

Ha Ha ha...back in 1988 we had the 8-Track and I remember we had headphones and I would listen to every bit of it and loved it....I remember writing down the lyrics the way I heard them...and thought on Superstar at the beginning of the second verse she sang LOW LINEN....what is LOW LINEN??!!?? Ha Ha...it wasn't until I got the booklet that I realized it was LONELINESS...but it was an 8-Track and not great quality but that summer I bought the twin tape double SINGLES on cassette and the clarity was unbelievable....I was flabbergasted at how great it sounded!!

Pretty please, would someone on this group be able to help out a UK member with purchasing this and sending it. Full costs paid by Paypal. Please send me a DM if willing :razz: Thank you

Ha Ha ha...back in 1988 we had the 8-Track and I remember we had headphones and I would listen to every bit of it and loved it....I remember writing down the lyrics the way I heard them...and thought on Superstar at the beginning of the second verse she sang LOW LINEN....what is LOW LINEN??!!?? Ha Ha...it wasn't until I got the booklet that I realized it was LONELINESS...but it was an 8-Track and not great quality but that summer I bought the twin tape double SINGLES on cassette and the clarity was unbelievable....I was flabbergasted at how great it sounded!!
I remember riding in the shopping cart in the grocery store with my grandmother in the early 70’s and hearing “We’ve Only Just Begun” and thinking they said “Sharon, your eyes are oh so new to us.” And my kid brain thought “oh they have a new member to the group and her name is Sharon.” 😆

What version appears on this LP, the remastered classics? Is it the same version that appeared on the UMe Vinyl Collection?

Perhaps put a spoiler tag in case others don’t want to be spoiled but I’d like to know before mine arrives.

Actually I believe they inadvertently pulled the Canadian master, as “Yesterday Once More” is the remix from ‘85.

I asked Richard about it a few days ago, and he said he didn't think he needed to approve the audio before UMG released it. I listened to the copy he gave me, and it was only THEN that I realized they pulled the wrong master! So... just a heads-up.

Oh no...how could he put his trust in them to get the audio right? They can’t even get prior pressings correct. That’s going to be strange hearing the 85 version on a 69-73 release. 😳

Oh no...how could he put his trust in them to get the audio right? They can’t even get prior pressings correct. That’s going to be strange hearing the 85 version on a 69-73 release. 😳

Honestly, I think he assumed that since all of the masters were more or less correct in more recent years, they would have gotten it right. I haven't yet mentioned to him that this one was incorrect. At least we get the rarity with the vinyl...

Honestly, I think he assumed that since all of the masters were more or less correct in more recent years, they would have gotten it right. I haven't yet mentioned to him that this one was incorrect. At least we get the rarity with the vinyl...
But you can't keep this from him, it's your duty to correct the wrong :laugh:
Hey maybe we would get a 2nd pressing and we've have to hunt down the correct version without any indication on wrapper which is the correct master. :shake::laugh:

See Richard tweak. Tweak Richard, tweak.

(Sorry, I'm in a silly mood.)

As to the version of this album, I noticed someone posted a picture and the label has a copyright of 2017. Wasn't that the year of the UMe vinyl fiasco? Did they simply do another press run of old labels to slap on this vinyl? Did the 2017 run of albums include SINGLES?

I never ordered any of those as I didn't feel the need to spend money on vinyl when I already own all of the originals.

Yes it did. Only difference is black vinyl, and now a different mix of YOM. It’s really a bad mistake, not paying attention to detail. I guess if anyone is unhappy they can take the records back to Target for a refund. I hope the snap crackle and pops are missing from this pressing. My second set UMe sent, sounds just as bad as the first pressings of the box. All three Royal Philharmonic pressings, white and black are even worse. Unlistenable. Huge disappointment. UMe should be ashamed and Richard should be beyond angry. Many refrained from purchasing them because of the crappy reproductions. Shameful, and now this oversight. 2017 for the box.

All three Royal Philharmonic pressings, white and black are even worse. Unlistenable. Huge disappointment. UMe should be ashamed and Richard should be beyond angry. Many refrained from purchasing them because of the crappy reproductions. Shameful, and now this oversight. 2017 for the box.

Does Richard even know, I wonder...?

Yes it did. Only difference is black vinyl, and now a different mix of YOM. It’s really a bad mistake, not paying attention to detail. I guess if anyone is unhappy they can take the records back to Target for a refund. I hope the snap crackle and pops are missing from this pressing. My second set UMe sent, sounds just as bad as the first pressings of the box. All three Royal Philharmonic pressings, white and black are even worse. Unlistenable. Huge disappointment. UMe should be ashamed and Richard should be beyond angry. Many refrained from purchasing them because of the crappy reproductions. Shameful, and now this oversight. 2017 for the box.
At least they didn’t use the 2014 “Back To Black” master.

It looks like I won't even get mine until next Friday, I don't know why it's so late. There's a store near me that says they have 4 copies, I should have just got it in the store. I don't know why I thought this was a web exclusive. If it's bent, can I take it back to the store and exchange?

What about the trilogy is it sped up or slowed down?
So technically if it has the 85 remix of YOM...it's not really "The Singles 1969-1973" :doh:

Back
Top Bottom