"This One's For Me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

I picked up an English 12" vinyl of "This One's For Me" from the Magic Man album. Kinda weird that this song would be put on a dance single, although it says it's a promo. Nothing unusual about the mix, unfortunately. The song is written by Richard Kerr, and for some reason I'm thinking I should know this name. Any suggestions?

Capt. Bacardi
...puzzled online...

Interesting...Richard Kerr does sound familiar. Might have to search ASCAP or BMI to see what else he's written.

OK, go to http://www.bmi.com and start a "search". Choose "writer" and put in "Kerr Richard". This brings up a Richard Buchanan Kerr, who shows this Alpert song listed along with MANY others. Might be something on that list you'll recognize. 289 titles listed there, to be exact. (!)

A-ha! Richard Kerr actually had an album on A&M. SP 4721 Welcome To The Club. I don't recall ever seeing it, but it sounds familiar. He also was a co-writer for some of Barry Manilow's hits, such as "Mandy" and "Looks Like We Made It". An Alpert/Manilow connection. Who'd a thunk it? :D

Capt. Bacardi

OK, that's where I recognize his name from: I've been reading the Billboard #1 AC book, and now that you mention Barry's hits, I remember seeing his name there. :)

Yep. He did an A&M album. A&M let many songwriters do their own recordings -- Paul Williams and our fave Roger Nichols among them... Here's Richard Kerr's:

sp4721.jpg

So there you go!

--Mr Bill

Well that's weird. I know I scanned it before I left, but it doesn't seem to be in the AOTW file...

--Mr Bill
who's probably the only cornerite who owns it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom