• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Tijuana Brass Music Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pickworth

After about 20 years I managed to replace a music album of Tijuana Brass
material.It's in immaculate condition.
The DeLuxe Herb Alpert TJB Souvenir Song Album(3B)
I lent my original to someone who promptly lost it.
Great to have another copy.

John,
I was wondering if you ever found a replacement copy of this songbook for yourself. I also used to own a copy of this songbook, but regrettably misplaced it. I am now trying to find a copy written for the piano. If you happen to know of one, please let me know. Thanks.

I actually found two of them on ebay,and at a reasonable price.
The DeLuxe Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass Souvenir Song Album(46 songs)
The DeLuxe Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass Souvenir Song Album(52 Songs)

These songbooks seem quite difficult to find, so I hope I can find them on ebay as well. I do miss playing their music! Thanks!

hi all, the book you mention above I have one. it originally came with a flex disc with the lonely bull as the first song, the version I have is for 2 trumpets and trombone. tijuana taxi is writting in the same key as herb plays it in on the record.
bob

Thanks for the info Bob! Unfortunately I am not a trumpet player, but if you ever come across one written for the piano, I would really appreciate hearing about it. I'm so surprised that these songbooks are no longer being published (and so hard to find), considering their popularity. What a shame! Maybe there is some way to get them published again?

Hmm, I suppose you could write to your favorite sheet music publishing company and suggest that they doa Herb Alpert book. With his renewed visibility over the past year, they just might give it a thought.

What a great idea! Imagine a complete anthology of all their songs! Perhaps A&M (now owned by Interscope Records?) could help produce such a collection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom