• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Transcriptions for "Second Wind"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrumpetPlayerNC

Does anyone know where I can get transcriptions or sheet music for "Second Wind" or any of Herb's albums besides "Rise?" I don't think they've been published, but maybe someone's transcribed the music and put it on a website?

Thanks to all for any info.

If my mind serves me rightly, I think that unauthorized transcriptions are illegal, especially for private or public distribution. I doubt you'll find anyone here willing to share it. Not trying to sound harsh; just being honest.

Well, I just did a quick google search of copyright law, and I believe you're right. I guess it nevered occured to me because I'm an amateur player playing for my own amusement and I was just looking for a short cut instead of transcribing myself. It looks like I'm allowed to do that for my own "private study," but the transcription can't be shared.

It kind of brings into perspective all those guitar tabs and other transcriptions being swapped all over the net, but you're right nonetheless. Thanks for pointing this out.

I understand completely, and I'm sure people here would as well. However, I'd hate to see someone who loves playing music get caught up in a copyright dispute or infringement. The transcriptions you see floating online might be good, but they're just not right.

It's best to look for the music in question on any legitimate sheet music website, like sheetmusicplus.com. If the music isn't available in the US or overseas, you might want to petition the publisher of the majority of Herb's music to weed out those said compositions and release them.

TrumpetPlayerNC said:
Does anyone know where I can get transcriptions or sheet music for "Second Wind" or any of Herb's albums besides "Rise?"

The only album that had a songbook was Passion Dance, which I'm sure is out of print now. I never saw a songbook for Second Wind, although I do have the sheet music for Herb's arrangement of "My Funny Valentine". There was a songbook for Rise and Herb Alpert/Hugh Masekela, but again they are long out of print. They do show up occasionally on eBay.

Capt. Bacardi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom