• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Trying to Get The Feeling Again Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

It sounds like I hear Richard on backing vocals on this track, it's hardly evident but I still think I hear him. Or am I wrong?

Would he have recorded his vocals & added it to the track after Karen died? or is this his voice singing during the time he & Karen recorded this track? It was a work lead so I wouldn't think Richard sang on it when it was originally recorded.

Sure wish Richard could stumble upon some more gems like this one. It was wonderfully finished by Richard. Glad he left the turning page. I always look forward to hearing that part

Richard added the arrangement, strings, vocal backing tracks and effects to 'double' Karen's lead in places back in May and June of 1994 according to the liner notes to Interpretations. Great track! It also appears on the Essential Collection box set.

Harry
NP: "Tryin' To Get The Feeling Again" - Carpenters

one of my all time favourites...far superior to barry manilow's version. i love the fact that you can hear karen turn the page of the music , if you listen carefully. and she sings so close to the microphone...

The part with the page is cool because it shows it's "live", but just like the spoken intro and comments in the middle of "Last One Singin' the Blues" and the spoken piece on "Make Believe Its Your First Time", I wish Richard would give us versions with those parts extracted.

Mark

Mark,

The single 45 version of 'Make believe it's your first time' DOESNT have the talking in the intro.

The single version has never appeared on any other release as far as I am aware.

Laura

Karenannefan said:
The single 45 version of 'Make believe it's your first time' DOESNT have the talking in the intro.

The single version has never appeared on any other release as far as I am aware.

Well...close. The version without the talking intro has appeared on the Yesterday Once More releases (and Classics Volume 2 by default). On the original Yesterday Once More the song is segued into from "I Need To Be In Love." On the re-issued Yesterday Once more, the song has a clean open like the single, but at the end it segues into "All You Get From Love Is A Love Song."

Whenever the song appears without the spoken intro, that mysterious flapping noise is gone, so whatever that was, it was on Karen's vocal track.

Another moment of 'liveness' occurs on the From The Top version of "Let Me Be The One."

Harry
...checking versions, online...

Right Harry, that flapping noise is there. I remember when that intro first came out & so many people even hardcore fans thought that Richard made a mistake & left it on by mistake lol. In reality he gave us that as a bonus. I remember hearing it for the first time & thinking the same thing, like..OMG My LP has it & I bet no-body else has this... :D Of course that was wrong.

I wished that the Make Believe Single 45 was available in Karen's Solo version.

Getting back to the original topic, I sure would have loved to have been in the studio when Richard did that:

vocal backing tracks and effects to 'double' Karen's lead in places back in May and June of 1994 on Trying to Get the Feeling Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom