• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Two Lives

What do you think of Two Lives?

• One of the Carpenters' best

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • One of the Carpenters' worst

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't really care

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

There is a glitch in this song. Right before Karen starts to sing Maybe... you hear what sounds like a popping. Was this the affect of a bad rewind or is it a flaw in the recording.

To me this is one of the BEST songs by the Carpenters. I think Karen sounds really good in this song. I wonder why this didn't become a bigger hit. :nut: :nut: :nut:

now playing Two Lives

Definitely one of the best...don't know about a glitch, who cares? Great vocal performance by Karen. I remember the version by Randy Crawford, but prefer this.

What about Two Sides? That's a great track that doesn't get enough credit.

Do you listen to cds with your head phone set on?
I was unaware of this noise. Then somebody else told me about it and I listened to it carefully and there it was! At first I guessed it came from the guitar strings when you slid your fingers on them but the sound is so short. In fact it sounds like a pop as you say.

Has anybody noticed any other noise in the C's recordings except the one at the ending note of Somebody's Been Lyin'?

I've just listened carefully to "Two Sides" on both Passage and Treasures and I don't hear any noise. Perhaps I'm not listening in the right place. Could you be more descriptive or note the CD timer for the location?

I've always thought this song was overlooked, kind of a 'normal Carpenters track' buried in a sea of the 'oddites' that make up the Passage album. Karen's opening solo is nice, but given the duality of the theme of the song, one just knew on first listen that her vocal would be doubled at some point - and the harmonies are wonderful.

By the way, the Treasures version has a nice boost in the high frequencies compared with the Passage CD.

Harry
...looking for glitches, online...

Well then - SILLY ME!

Maybe now I'll go listen to "One Love." :tongue:

Harry
...who needs to read more carefully, online...

OK, now I hear what Andrew is talking about. It almost sounds like the tick of a metronome just as Karen starts singing. I guess this was a work lead that Richard finished off for Voice Of The Heart.

As for the song itself, I find it OK but nothing special, so when I voted above for being one of the best, I was really voting for the better song, IMHO, "Two Sides."

Harry
...with two tries, online...

I really love this song, definitelly one of my favorites from Voice Of The Heart. Should have been released in Made In America album.

And about that bridge? Just amazing, chilling, so real...Oh, I can't believe it's over, it's over and I love you more than ever and ever...

And Karen's reading it's just a work lead!!! She rocked!!! Wish I could hear her singing it a little bit lower!!!

Anyway great song!!!

One of the Best Carpenters 1980's Tracks -Should Have Been Chosen as
Single in 1983/1984 :)

Surprised Richard Omitted From MIA -This Song would Have Improved
1981 Album :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom