• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Upcoming Pete Turner/CTI book

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardWarner

Contributor
It is going to be killer.

Pete is working on a book of his album covers --- many of them A&M/CTI, with even more detail about the photos than he gave us for the A&M Corner interview.

There will be a foreward by Quincy Jones and closing thoughts from Creed Taylor.

I've seen galleys of the first 10 pages or so and it is going to ROCK.

This will be pricy,as well as it should be,but put me in line to get this one! I have a bunch of record cover books(and calenders,too),but outside of the Rizzoli hardcover of Francis Wolff's BlueNote photography,this will be the jewel of the collection. Mac

A surefire winner! Pete Turner's photography inspired me to learn darkroom techniques, and photography, a persuit I've endeavored for about 30 years. The CTI/A&M recordings were artistic landmarks as well in my opinion. I'll never forget the impression created by those great covers. I'm not too crazy about most of the remastering jobs on those. but they are wonderful recordings just the same. Some of my favs were: Wave (original red cover), Samba Blim, We and The Sea, Day In The Life, the silver foil like cover for Walter Wanderleys When We Were There (not sure if I remember title correctly), Trust In Me (red lips macro lens shot), Road Song, Glory Of Love, Nat Adderleys silver foil like cover of You Baby, etc.
There is another west coast photographer I like a lot who did a lot of Chet Baker, Art Pepper,covers. His name I believe is Claxton. He did another cool book with recdord album covers. "Que Viva La Musica! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom