• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Vinyl label artwork

mjb72

School's out! Time for more designing fun to help unwind and relax during summer. I'll start with HORIZON and work back in chronology as I believe I can only add two files a time to any post. These were inspired by HUSH and PASSAGE'S vinyl labels.

Attachments

• side 1 label.png
    side 1 label.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • side 2 label.png
    side 2 label.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
"Boat To Sail" replacing "Goofus" for the catalogued 1859-S released single A-side. I can only imagine what kind of seafaring promotional clip recorded on the Pacific could've been for this outstanding and alluring song.

Attachments

• ''Boat to Sail'' 7'' cover.png
    ''Boat to Sail'' 7'' cover.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • ''Boat to Sail'' 7'' rear cover.png
    ''Boat to Sail'' 7'' rear cover.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • ''Boat to Sail'' 7'' side 1 label.png
    ''Boat to Sail'' 7'' side 1 label.png
    1 MB · Views: 11
"Boat To Sail" replacing "Goofus" for the catalogued 1859-S released single A-side. I can only imagine what kind of seafaring promotional clip recorded on the Pacific could've been for this outstanding and alluring song.

‘Sailing On The Tide’ b/w ‘Boat To Sail’ would be a nice combo as a 1977 fantasy single.

I don’t think those would’ve worked. They look too much like coffee coasters than record labels.
They kind of do and as much I love the font Centaur (used for NOW & THEN), it's a challenge to make it legible when used in a low size; especially on a CD, let alone a vinyl label.

They kind of do and as much I love the font Centaur (used for NOW & THEN), it's a challenge to make it legible when used in a low size; especially on a CD, let alone a vinyl label.
I think for “Now & Then” some other photo would work better. Or maybe even the trees at the side of the house would’ve been better.

I think for “Now & Then” some other photo would work better. Or maybe even the trees at the side of the house would’ve been better.
I think Mark T said it best in his blog about how finally the brother and sister duo weren't featured on a cover like an actual couple made for a better cover. I'd really like to see more of the outtakes from that session, as I've seen a couple and can imagine the frustration with Richard...

I'd really like to see more of the outtakes from that session, as I've seen a couple and can imagine the frustration with Richard...
I like the one seen in The Musical Legacy where Karen is laughing as Richard looks frustrated. I know that Richard wasn’t happy about A&M’s choice for the album cover. Not sure why Karen thought that was funny, but that whole picture amuses me.

Back
Top Bottom