• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Warm DRM free

Status
Not open for further replies.
lonely bull said:
Steven - nobody knows why Warm was not released on CD, just like nobody knows why Vol 2 and TBAC were not released either, not to mention Herb's solo stuff - maybe by releasing those albums on I tunes it generated more revenue than CDs would? The only person who knows is Herb himself. It seems very strange indeed to me that the re - issues were cut short so suddenly.

Dave .........

Hey Dave!

Both of them were released on CD in Japan- so technically they are aout there-

Mike...you're sensitivity about the Warm CD discussion is not fair, you could also say there are too many threads about the internet release(s). Please let ideas flow.

Harry said:
I burned a copy of the album and have done a quick comparison between the new 256k files to the old 128k ones. The newer ones sounded a little bit warmer, a testimony to how decent the old ones sounded. Still, any improvement is always good.

Harry

It's good to know that "Warm" is getting warmer! That's the kind of news I like to hear. :D

As always, Harry, thanks for doing the tech research for the home team!

Mike

I just checked iTunes - is it my understanding that this DRM is under the iTunes Plus name? I noticed that S.R.O. was also under iTunes Plus. Thought I'd verify this before I start downloading another album.

Capt. Bacardi

Captain Bacardi said:
I just checked iTunes - is it my understanding that this DRM is under the iTunes Plus name? I noticed that S.R.O. was also under iTunes Plus. Thought I'd verify this before I start downloading another album.

Capt. Bacardi

Yes, iTunes plus is the place for the DRM-free downloads.

Don't you have the CD for S.R.O.? Why would you want their lossy downloads?

Harry

Oh, I wasn't about to download S.R.O. - I just noticed that it was an iTune Plus thing, which is strange. You'd think they would just do that to the three albums not on CD.

Capt. Bacardi

I think they will eventually. It takes a while for them to get every album they offer upgraded and available.

Harry

I would guess that WARM is probably the best-selling of the "non-CD" TJB albums on iTunes. Since VOLUME 2 was available on A&M domestically, and THE BRASS ARE COMIN' was available on Japanese CD, but WARM has never been on CD anywhere, coupled with the fact (based on postings here) that WARM is a more-beloved album these days than those other two, it might have been a better seller and thus a quicker upgrade to iTunes Plus.

S.R.O. - I just noticed that it was an iTune Plus thing
I wonder if this will fix the very-high-pitched whine that is on the SRO CD? Probably not, but one can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom