• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Wendell's TJB website R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetijuanataxi

As we near the one year anniversary of the death of our good friend Wendell Johnson ( Sept. 16th, 2003), I'm sad to report that his Tijuana Brass Fan Club website has finally bitten the dust and is no longer live. I will miss it as it was his legacy to us and was a source of information and entertainment for all of us. We lost a good man and now all of his hard work.

David,
unfortunate bearer of bad news......

Yes, that was a good website, and I was a regular visitor there in the past...

In fact, that was the first website dedicated to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass I found after getting an Internet connection.

I'm very sorry that Wendell and his site are gone...

While I don't pretend to understand all the ins and outs of how to do this, I wondered if Wendell's site could be retrieved by (somehow) creating a link to it. It would be a shame not to have it preserved. considering its historic important. Just curious.
JB

All is not lost, gang. The entire website is preserved here in the Corner. It is not viewable right now, but discussions are underway as to how to preserve at least some, if not all, of it, while respecting copyright and other issues. Please stand by for further developments.

When it is all done the section will be a fitting tribute to both Wendell and the efforts he made in preserving what the official TJB fan club was all about. The place is just getting a polishing and good dusting!

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom