We're the most popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvillefan

I Know My First Name Is Stephen
Hey!

Just wanted to say that I noticed the Carpenters forum has had the most topics posted so far on the site than any other!!

Way to go guys!

Stephen

It could be a cyclical thing. Over the last year or two, there've been a lot of things in the Carpenters music world to discuss: the new ESSENTIAL box set, DVD releases, the 20th Century Masters release, the 35th anniversary releases just upon us. This tends to lead to a lot of discussion as people discover whatever 'treasures' lie in the digital grooves.

A year or so ago, the Mendes/Brazilian forum had a rush of topics when the Japanese and Brazilian releases of his back catalog came out.

Hopefully, someday the Herb Alpert/Tijuana Brass Forum will get some more activity when and if any new releases surface.

Plus Carpenters fans tend to be a bit more obsessive, looking for any minutiae that they can discuss. Look at the huge thread that the "Mono mixes" topic spawned. Those mono grooves had been sitting around for years, but a mention from me, a bored fan looking for something different, started people searching for mono promo 45s.

We still potentially have a busy period ahead, particularly if next week's release of the GOLD compilation has any new or different things to discuss.

Harry
...rainy days in the winter NEVER get me down, online...

...all of the above plus the probable fact that there are MORE Carpenters fans here than the other forums, I'm just guessing.

Harry said:
Plus Carpenters fans tend to be a bit more obsessive, looking for any minutiae that they can discuss. Look at the huge thread that the "Mono mixes" topic spawned.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who was getting the same impression! I was starting to wonder MYSELF why the Carpenters forum seems to be noticeably more active than the other boards here ... seems like the Carpenters forum is more active than even the general A&M board!
Not that I'm not a big Carpenters fan, but I really don't have the obsession for detail and minutiae to post on half the threads on the Carpenters forum ...

Back on the old-format single listing forum, sometimes it was difficult to tell what a post might be about, since A&M covered such a wide variety of music and styles over the years. Having all of these separate forums is a godsend for those who don't have the time to read every post, and want to mainly concentrate on their own area of interest. People with little or no interest in Carpenters can pretty much avoid all of the obsessing by simply not paying attention to the posts in that forum.

Ol' Rudy had some great ideas when he set up these forums, and we all should thank him for providing us with such a nice place to visit. (And click on those amazon links when you want to order something - it helps out with the bills!)

Harry
...winding down after the first week back to work after vacation, online...

It is funny cause I had noticed last week at the high # of posts to the Carpenters forum in comparison to the other forums here.

I appreciate this forum & it is a wealth of info on all things Carpenters, I have also been visiting the search archives on the Carpenters & think it is one of the easiest search engines to find just what your looking for :wink: Thanks Rudy for this forum.

...hello, my name is Chris & I'm a Carpenters-holic...:cool:

Chris wrote:

...hello, my name is Chris & I'm a Carpenters-holic...

Maybe we should join CA-Carpenterholics Anonymous

Harry said:
Ol' Rudy had some great ideas when he set up these forums, and we all should thank him for providing us with such a nice place to visit. (And click on those amazon links when you want to order something - it helps out with the bills!)
:agree: This place is definitely appreciated by this CA member.

:),

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom