WEVE ONLY JUST BEGUN - A note-by-note recreation by James Wilkas, featuring Tori Holub

A few people have asked me (Tori Holub) to full versions of my Carpenters covers throughout the years, so to say the least I was HONORED to have been asked by James Wilkas to work on a full length version of ‘We’ve Only Just Begun.’

Everything the Carpenters did was recreated note-by-note, and authentically down to the triple-tracked harmonies.

We hope you all enjoy it, as we put so much love and hard work into making it— especially James, who not only produced the track and edited the video together, but also sang backup vocals, played piano, clarinet and percussion, and got all these wonderful musicians together!! I would love if anyone could share this. 🙂

Lead Vocals - Tori Holub
Backing Vocals - Tori Holub, James Wilkas
Percussion - James Wilkas, Yoann Palacio
Bass - Clayton Whisenant
Piano - James Wilkas
Clarinet - James Wilkas
Trumpet / Flugelhorn - Gary Badger
Violin - Ynping Mak

Tori, you have already been discovered and been given a rave review on the Wings of Pegasus YouTube channel. This channel currently has about 350,000 subscribers. That is how I just discovered your performance. Then I came here to spread the word, and here you are!! The gentleman on this YouTube channel does in-depth musical analysis of music performances. He is a musician and gives high praise to you and the entire band and vocalists. He plays some of the isolated vocals, which are so remarkable! You all did a great job!

Last edited:
Tori, I have also just subscribed to your YouTube channel. I really enjoyed your version of the Bacharach David medley. Well done.

Your performance is full of love for the Carpenters.
It's just like "yesterday once more" for me.
Thank you so much!!!

It's very nice, Tori! You should be proud of the work you all did.
Yes, I'll second that - excellent production on this cover - reminds me of a really good cover of "Close to You" that a group (name ?) put together by Zoom a couple of years ago in which the lead singer had a very pleasant voice, although she didn't sound at all like Karen...

Now, you have a very appealing voice and sound as close to Karen as I've heard yet - closer than any of the dozens of other female singers out there who claim to "sound like" Karen ( not that you're making that claim).

However, as I mentioned before on the forum here somewhere, what would be really nice would be if you put that lovely voice (and technical skills) to use in singing some new, original songs of your own (or some other songwriter), rather than being just another Karen "tribute artist" - would love to hear this!

A few people have asked me (Tori Holub) to full versions of my Carpenters covers throughout the years, so to say the least I was HONORED to have been asked by James Wilkas to work on a full length version of ‘We’ve Only Just Begun.’

Everything the Carpenters did was recreated note-by-note, and authentically down to the triple-tracked harmonies.

We hope you all enjoy it, as we put so much love and hard work into making it— especially James, who not only produced the track and edited the video together, but also sang backup vocals, played piano, clarinet and percussion, and got all these wonderful musicians together!! I would love if anyone could share this. 🙂

Lead Vocals - Tori Holub
Backing Vocals - Tori Holub, James Wilkas
Percussion - James Wilkas, Yoann Palacio
Bass - Clayton Whisenant
Piano - James Wilkas
Clarinet - James Wilkas
Trumpet / Flugelhorn - Gary Badger
Violin - Ynping Mak

Wow, beautifully done, congrats. Most everyone knows how hard it is to "make it" in the music industry, as a profession - I hope you (Tori) get/are getting your break and whatever your dreams are, they've...wait for it...only just begun (not being funny, I mean that).

Tori, you have already been discovered and been given a rave review on the Wings of Pegasus YouTube channel. This channel currently has about 350,000 subscribers. That is how I just discovered your performance. Then I came here to spread the word, and here you are!! The gentleman on this YouTube channel does in-depth musical analysis of music performances. He is a musician and gives high praise to you and the entire band and vocalists. He plays some of the isolated vocals, which are so remarkable! You all did a great job!

I’m so glad you like the cover!!! That video is honestly crazy, how he analyzed my voice and the production. I’m honored to be on his channel!

Wow, beautifully done, congrats. Most everyone knows how hard it is to "make it" in the music industry, as a profession - I hope you (Tori) get/are getting your break and whatever your dreams are, they've...wait for it...only just begun (not being funny, I mean that).
Thank you so much- that means a lot. So many wonderful things to come!!!

Tori, I've been following you for a while and it looks like others are starting to recognize your natural talents as well. It is wonderful that you have given such beautiful tributes to Karen and Richard and I'm looking forward to your future work. By the way, I loved your beautiful Christmas song "Christmas Again" as well!

Back
Top Bottom