what are living tjb members doing today

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzdre

i have visited this site and the late wendell johnson's site for four years now already,and i have heard that some of the original tjb members have passed away(ceroli,kalash,and pagani,along with wechter) i was wondering:what about the others who are living?what are they up to nowadays? i heard that pisano is doing jazz concerts in la,and recently had a concert here in nyc,but what about senatore and edmondson? what are they up to? would really like to know!

Last I heard Senatore had closed his jazz restaurant in Southern California a few years ago to retire comfortably. Edmoondson still did session work from time to time but was involved in the music licensing business (ironically what Alpert's daughter does as well). He supposedly has retired completely from music now. Pisano, as you mention, plays and runs a guitar workshop/jam session every Tuesday at LA's Spazio restaurant. It's not unusual to see/hear others of note join him including Hal Blaine, Carol Kay, Frank DeVito and others...

--Mr Bill

Pat Senatore was actually involved in opening up a new jazz club in the L.A. area recently--I believe he was going to manage it, and Herb Alpert may have been a part-owner of it. Last time I saw Edmondson's name was in the credits of a Bobby Troup CD from 1991.

I believe that Pat Senatore still tours regularly with his jazz trio, Pasquale (could be wrong, though). They had one self-titled CD out a few years ago.

As for Bob Edmondson, your guess is as good as mine and yes, John Pisano does still play in clubs, most frequently, a place called, Spazio's in LA where he has his "Guitar Night" every Tuesday. That's with his group, the Flying Pisanos. Their official website is www.flyingpisanos.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom