What's NOT on cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonely bull

OK guys and gals - certain member(s) of this forum have been whinging and whining about people who complain about the cd's that have NOT been re-issued in the signature series ( Warm, Volume 2, The Brass are comin, etc. etc. ) So, here is Your chance to have a "whine" about the missing albums which we feel we are "entitled" to. If You feel that You are satisfied with the re-issues so far then that's fine - but if like me You think that the gaps are ridiculous then Please post Your views HERE - COME ON GUYS - DON'T LET US DOWN! :mad:

WARM,WARM,WARM, THE BRASS ARE COMIN'!!! I made my own cd-r's but a reissue would be even better...

is herb alpert planning to release any more cd's i haven't seen anything new from him for moth's

Dave

hi people, it has been awhile, yes I believe that the remaining lps like everyone talking about should be on cd. and volume 2 is on my list.
that to me is the follow up to the lonely bull, the one I like to see, is my favorite warm. then the brass are coming, coney island,you smile,the song begins, you and me. the main event, reissue,and plus some alternate takes like the single version of tijuana taxi, zorba the greek
mexican drummer man,mexican corn with the added piano part. the single version of spanish flea. I could go on., but you guys know what would we all would like to see.
bob

[quote='quote' (Pssst! --It's really Mike Blakesley)]What'd you do, Dave, loan out your account?[/quote]

Yes, to one of my brother's I never knew I had...! :jester:

bob papp said:
...plus some alternate takes like the single version of tijuana taxi, zorba the greek, mexican corn--with the added piano part--, spanish flea... and the non-lp single, mexican drummer man...

Yes, I agree-- What about Alternate versions of some of the tunes...?

Dave

One of the reasons I'm reasonably content with no commercial CD of WARM is because any official release probably wouldn't provide the alternate mixes of "Without Her" and "To Wait For Love". Both of those songs had dedicated mono mixes that I've tacked onto MY version of the CD - and I just know that a Shout! Factory release wouldn't provide that, since they didn't do it with the other albums.

Harry

Same here. My homemade CD is from the same "master LP" as Harry's and I can't imagine a factory CD sounding much better. The main draw of a commercial release of WARM for me would be the liner notes, which hopefully would give some insight to the creation of the album. It's probably quite a different story from some of the preceding albums.

As for the other so-far-unreleased albums, the one I'm most eager for is SUMMERTIME, with CONEY and YOU SMILE next.

PLEASE TO WHOM EVER IS LISTENING, THE BRASS ARE COMIN & WARM, & Vol 2 MUST BE REISSUED!!! PLEASE PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP!!

I did not know there was alternate versions of to "wait for love" &" without her." What are the differences?

I despair at HA passing on the opportunity to finally reward his loyal and "ultra-patient" fans by releasing the entire catalogue on CD. In terms of the TJB, we were almost there. Why didn't he finish the job! It is really frustrating and feels like a kick in the teeth!

Len

Marty said:
I did not know there was alternate versions of to "wait for love" &" without her." What are the differences?

"To Wait For Love" on the mono 45 had a totally different lead vocal from Herb. It's also about 10 or so seconds longer.

"Without Her" had a mono compressed mix, where the volume difference between the very soft passages at the beginning and the loud orchestral crescendoes aren't as dramatic as on the album. I found that mix on a mono radio promo album of SOLID BRASS.

Harry

At one point To Wait For Love (B/W Bud) and Without Her (in a Picture Sleeve, B/W Sandbox) were all I had from Warm; on '45's and I was quite happy...

I acquired a few of Herb's CD's, including Lost Treasures, which kicked off my "commitment of adding Herb" to my A&M Collecting and EZ Listening regimen... And of course as soon as heard the familiar strains of Herb Alpert's TjB Christmas Album playing in a store, I was quick to inquire about finding a copy for myself and immediately purchasing, just in time for Christmas & New Years, as well... --Now there's something ELSE that would NEVER have also existed, if Herb didn't! --The BEST Christmas Album in the World! :bigsanta: I even find myself playing it RIGHT NOW in the hot thralls of the Hottest Summer! :santa:

So having jump-started my collection and deciding to go for Original albums as opposed to compilations, I DID finally decide to make my move and get that Still-Sealed copy of Warm, though by the time I got to the store I had seen it at, it had long been bought! Wouldn't have made The Brass Are Comin', Summertime or TjB, Vol. 2 sound better, anyway, given that I'd be driven to search the 'Net to find NEW copies of those... Not to mention Herb's '70's stuff--You Smile..., Just You & Me, and finally Coney Island, all of which I settled for OK copies of, rather than also shell out big bucks for getting sealed...

Well, I know The Sea Is My Soil and for me, Sandbox will be a real treat to hear on CD, not to mention the "suppossedly different" Liner Notes from Herb on the "story" behind Warm being suppossedly different from any of his other albums leading to... (And I'm sure it's just as interesting how Brass Are Comin' and Summertime came to be)

...If it takes forever, I will wait for you... Through a Thousand Summers, I will... --Wait... --For... --You... (:)

Dave

Dave said:
Well, I know The Sea Is My Soil and for me, Sandbox will be a real treat to hear on CD, not to mention the "suppossedly different" Liner Notes from Herb on the "story" behind Warm being suppossedly different from any of his other albums leading to... (And I'm sure it's just as interesting how Brass Are Comin' and Summertime came to be)Dave
Same here. Those two songs are my fave from "Warm." And it seems like every day I want that album on CD more!

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm going to dig out my 45 & play it right now

By the way, the "Without Her" stock mono 45 does NOT have the compressed mix. If there was a 45 of that one, it's probably a white label promo. The stock single of "To Wait For Love" DOES have the alternate vocal mix.

Harry

Harry said:
Marty said:

"To Wait For Love" on the mono 45 had a totally different lead vocal from Herb. It's also about 10 or so seconds longer.

It may be even longer, since they repeat the chorus twice on the end, vs. one time on the LP version. It does have a completely different vocal take, and is even doubled in a few places.

I can't wait to hear "Marjorine" on CD should Warm ever be released - what a classic - definitely one of my top 10 - come on Mr Alpert, listen to us and bring it on - PLEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!! :thumbsup:

It is interesting that it was said by the powers that be, that eventually ALL Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass would be released. We were all told that if we were patient we would be rewarded. I feel like the ball has seriously been dropped.

I love what I have and listen to them frequently. But what happened. A promise was broken. This promise could be fulfilled, but what is the hold-up? They could release them over the next ten years and technically the promise would not be broken, but is this the way business is done?

I will get off my soap box now.

You guys must have some inside information that we don't. Please enlighten us how you know that there will be no more TJB released. Seriously, I want to know how you know this. It's been less than 8 months since the last regular TJB album came out, and less than 5 months since RE-WHIPPED, and it's still on the charts. So please, let us in on the source of this knowledge you have that "It's over."

Mike - the truth is that no one has any proof of whether there will be further releases or not - unless You know different? There has been no feedback to my knowledge from either Shout! or Herb himself. So this has led to lots of speculation that the releases may have come to an end. You must admit that it does not look good - why have these albums been missed out? It seems unlikely that it's down to Technical issues. So no - there is no proof that they will not be re-issued and there is no reason to believe that they will - the longer this goes on the more negative it will become. I hope we are wrong and that we hear some news soon? :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom