Which GOLD version

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sheriff

Hi,

I wonder if my fellow members could resolve something for me. Here in England, we have experienced 2 releases of the Gold CD - 1 in gold and 1 in black.

What exactly is the difference between the 2, apart from the packaging? I already have the black cover version.

Thanks

Chris

Welcome to the Forum (and just what we could use around here - another Carpenters fan named Chris!)

I have both of those GOLD discs from the UK, the black one and the gold one. Sonically they are identical. The older black one came in an outer cardboard slipcase with a shiny gold logo giving the package a classy look.

An interesting thing about the 2005 version is that the disc itself, being the same gold color as the cover, has, as its title, printed beneath the Carpenters logo, the words "GOLD CD". I hadn't noticed that before - that it actually uses "CD" in the title.

Again, I detected no sonic differences between the two - it's just an update to an older package, and a means to generate more sales.

Harry

How timely that this was posted. I got the 35th Anniversary double CD of Gold today, but the UK one has been coupled with a DVD (the videos). Except, there's one major flaw: when you open the gatefold, they have printed the tracklist for Christmas Portrait by mistake. It must have been carried forward from the artwork for the CD only version of Gold, which was coupled here with Christmas Portrait a couple of years ago for the holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom