• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Which TJB album was the most unusual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dostros said:
Ha ha! I've also had great luck finding TjB at Saint-Vincent de Paul. I need to control myself, though, as I recently counted 4 Beat of the Brass and as many South of the Border in my collection. You never know which ones are going to develop skips, though. And records are 50-cents each.

David O

Record finds at stores like St. Vincent and Salvation Army, etc. can be very iffy... A Sandpipers album (at least the A Gift Of Song that I picked up) can be relatively good, condition wise...

You know which stuff by Herb Alpert & Sergio Mendes that's pretty common is likely to be playable as opposed to the more rare stuff, that's likely to be undesirable, unless you don't play it on good, expensive equipment...

Prices seem to have drastically gone up from a dime to a quarter to well over a Dollar, when you add sales tax... But, given how vinyl is a commodity most have given up on in favor of the "newer medium", I would expect to someday see prices come down as those record bins grow ever more full!

Dave

I think Herb Alpert's Ninth is the most unusual, with its humorus cover and its song Carmen which retrospects Alpert's hit songs into one song..pure genius :D Volume 2 is also a unique album as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom