• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Who's beeping at me? It's Herb Alpert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Silly story from today:

We had stopped in to a local diner for lunch today. After eating we got back in my car. Just as I started to move I heard two horn beeps and slammed on the breaks to see who was beeping. Turns out it was Herb Alpert, playing "What Now My Love" on the CD player at a fairly reduced volume, so I only heard the "...My Love" portion.

The brain then interpreted that as someone beeping a car horn. It's also ironic because according to Herb's story, it was car horns honking that gave him the idea for the song arrangement!

Harry

Maybe it was an after-effect of the Starbucks visit the other night. :D

You never know who's behind you - but I WAS drinking decaf...

Harry

Harry said:
You never know who's behind you - but I WAS drinking decaf...

True, dat. :agree:

Then again, I'm one of those persons who has a WAV of Mexican Shuffle as a ringtone on my Nextel phone...

Years ago I was driving with my friend and the radio from the car next to us was playing a Led Zeppelin song... I don't remember which one it was, offhand, though... But I could clearly hear Robert Plant "wailing"...!

What did my friend think he heard? The Tornado Warning/Disaster Alarm... (I believe there was a Tornado Watch/Storm Warning in effect; it was rainy out...)

Since he was nowhere near a True Rock 'N' Roll fan as I was (and still is not) I tried to convince him it was NOT a "Tornado Alert", while not admitting what the "sound" he heard was either... Other than stating that "it was from someone's Car Radio...!"

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom