• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Why doesn't Richard do a Tour of the US, Japan & Oversea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I was just wondering why do you think Richard doesn't tour?

I know that he just did the March 1st fund-raising event for the Carpenter Performing Arts Center and I know a few years ago didn't he do a concert playing piano with Karen singing on the big screen next to him? (as a side note-Is there any video out there that shows him playing at that concert with Karen on the big screen singing to his playing) I'd love to see that.

Richard is such a great piano player, I would attend one of his concerts if he toured my area, I would even drive a ways just to see him.

Do you think he will ever do this?

What are your thought of him doing a concert tour & somehow including Karen in some of the songs, with video being shown while he plays, I mean this could be done very professionally & could be very moving, emotionally for both Richard & most of all the fans.

I never had the opportunity to attend any of their concerts & if Richard did a tour....it would almost be like seeing them live again, even if it is Karen in the spirit by way of video.

Richard in Concert is Something Special , Whether in an Intimate Cabaret Type Setting as with TOTW Fundraiser or CPAC Concerts with Group Musicians , Choir and Full Orchestra :)

A Number of Proposed Tours have been Cancelled , as with UK / European Tour in 1985 and Later After Release of PACC (1997) , Richard was considering USA, South American , UK Tours -Only for Future Child Taylor (5th Child) to be Conceived and Richard to Focus on Carpenters Projects
:o

Richard in 1997 Tour and CPAC Concerts did Perform Many Solo Tracks , other Rarities and Concluded with Music & Video Film Tribute to Karen and Carpenters , Ending with a Stunning Version of 'Karen's Theme ' :)

Richard is Busy Completing New Solo Album , But has Performed Several Times with Guest or Short Concerts .

Should Richard's Album be Completed for November 2003 Release , I would Anticipate Full CPAC Concerts and More Concerts on East Coast.....if Richard is Happy with these Concerts , A Tour is quite likely :o

More support from Universal Offices Outside of Japan would also Help .....Musicians Need to Feel Valued and Wanted , Even After Hugely Successful Careers !

Peter...Still Enjoying Richard's TOTW Performance .......

Since I am lucky to live in Southern California, I have had the opportunity to see Richard many times in concert. He has performed locally with the Garden Grove Symphony, The Downey symphony, and many shows at the CPAC. However, my favorite performance was at the opening on the CPAC. In addition to performances by Herb Alpert and Paul Williams, Richard did many Carpenter favorites that evening. He concluded his set with a special rendition of "From this moment on". The song featured an out take from the "Music music music" TV special. The video screen featured a close up on Karen, while she sang the tune. Richard played live piano to the video. Richard was seated at the piano to Karen's right for the TV taping, and he was in the same position for the concert. Everytime during the video whern Karen would look down to see Richard playing, he was there!. It's hard to describe, but it was erie.

It makes me believe that if Richard wanted to create an "Evening with the music of the Carpeters", he very well could do it. I went to see the "Elvis in concert" show that is currently touring with Elvis's original backup band, playing to a "video" Elvis. I thought it would be silly, but it really works.

I see many of the popular 70's artists now on "Symphony tours". This is where singers come and perform the second half of a symphony concert. Anne Murray, Neil Sedaka, and Peter Cetera all travel to various cities to sing their hits.
I think Richard could explore this option. Or, how about a "Love songs of the 70's" concert with Richard, the Captain & Tennille", and David Gates & Bread?. There are lots of performance options for Richard, if he wants to.

Jeff

JAZZ4JEFF said:
The video screen featured a close up on Karen, while she sang the tune. Richard played live piano to the video. Richard was seated at the piano to Karen's right for the TV taping, and he was in the same position for the concert. Everytime during the video whern Karen would look down to see Richard playing, he was there!. It's hard to describe, but it was erie.
Jeff

Man I would have loved to see that....That is one of there best songs that I could never see why it was left off of MMM.

It makes me think that Richard had to have tweaked with the video of that, right? In order for him to re-format the video to just show Karen up close. Very Cool. Knowing how much of a perfection Richard is..I'm sure it was the best.

Ok Richard we need you to put this on video & release it to us, You-Now & Karen-then. Would be cool.

California fans are lucky to be able to see all this from Richard.

CHRIS-I agree with you,"From this moment on" is a great track!The video for it is on INTERPRETATIONS VHS.I'm not sure if it's still in print,but you should be able to find a copy somewhere.INTERPRETATIONS VHS also includes footage of "Little Girl Blue" and "When I fall in Love" from the TV specials.Incidentally,I always thought A&M should assemble a jazz standards compilation,putting all the torch songs together on one album.("When I fall in love","Little Girl Blue","From This Moment On","I Can Dream,Can't I","Ordinary Fool",etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom