Why is there a burp at the end of I Got Rhythm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

On the last note, one can totally hear a burp, at least through headphones. It's centered in the channel, which makes me believe it was intentional somehow.

We noticed that when AS TIME GOES BY first came out. I recall a lot of amusing discussion about it on Ran's old Carpenters forum. I'm sure Chris an ordinary fool recalls that as well.

It remains a mystery!

Harry

Thanks Harry for such a quick reply. I searched "burp" but nothing came up. I must have either missed out on such discussions, or don't remember them. Haha I'm getting old.

Do a search on "belch" and you'll turn up a latter day post by Gordo. Wish I'd answered him, too. Don't know why I missed it.

Harry

I guess it was a joke. Was that Karen's or Richard's or somebody else's burp? Lol, what about asking Richard through the official website?

richard_sloat said:
Lol, what about asking Richard through the official website?
To quote myself, from the original thread:

"I'm only partially embarrassed to admit that I actually wrote to Richard about this via his website. Of the three or so e-mails I sent on various subjects, this one was the only one that was never answered."

Gordo, I remember listening to your own version of the ending of the song. :laugh: That was so funny! Do you still have that audio file?

As for the 'burp' heard in the original, I always thought it was just the sound of an instrument or percussion. I wonder.

I believe that it was a production error.
The burp was supposed to be have been added to "I Got Indigestion".
These things happen.

Chris said:
Gordo, I remember listening to your own version of the ending of the song. :laugh: That was so funny! Do you still have that audio file?
Just found it in my computer archives! I don't currently have webspace (or even file-sharing) or else I'd upload it once more.

...For those who missed it, I spliced together the ending of "I Got Rhythm" with an enormous belch (followed by car alarms) from an old episode of "The Simpsons."

By the way: I also found the spliced-together "Happy Birthday, Marty" song I did for Marty TX.

goodjeans said:
The burp was supposed to be have been added to "I Got Indigestion".
Weird -- that's what I had called my spliced-together belch MP3.

Gordo said:
By the way: I also found the spliced-together "Happy Birthday, Marty" song I did for Marty TX.

I still have that on my computer too. Every now and then I run across it and have a chuckle. It's named "gordomix.mp3"

Harry

I have listened to that song many times, and never really paid attention at the end.....so I listened last night and heard it.....just a little slow here..ha

Hello all,

I've listened and relistened to this track and can't, for the life of me, find this belch. I hear a very low Richard Voice on the final "RHYTHM" which sound husky, but nothing else. Could you tell me the exact word/note/second the noise is?

Cheers,

Neil

The very last note of the record: "who could ask for anything more - burp"

Thanks Harry, but I have to say I'm not convinced. Sounds more like reverb on the various claps .

Obviously in the minority though. Still, this debate has proved I need to get out just a little bit more.

Neil

Never noticed this before, either. But slapped on the headphones, fired up the tune, and sure enough! Pretty clear with the cans on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom