Will Herb play live again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin

Really "reliable sources" have revealed that Herb Alpert indeed has toyed with the thought of getting some musicians together to play live again. Let's hope that it happens! When you think of it, it would have been quite possible to consider some form of a partly re-united Tijuana Brass for such a project: John Pisano is still a very strong player, that can be experienced weekly in Los Angeles, and he was touring in Germany in 2003. Pat Senatore plays regularly at the Vibrato. Last year I heard Bob Findley with the James Last Orchestra in London, great chops! It's a nice thought isn't it? When The Stones can do it, why shouldn't Herb?

- greetings from the north -
Martin

This has been discussed before in detail. I recall a few posts in which we discussed our ideal TJB reunion line-up. Not easy, since a lot of the members have either passed on, or are not playing music anymore. What I've gathered from the reissues that have come out is that the "Tijuana Brass" was more of a concept than a group. Even after a touring line-up was gathered in 1965 following the release of !!GOING PLACES!! there was never a set group of musicians in the recording studio. But it would be nice if Mr. A. tours again, if not to promote new material, then to at least play his hits for fans old and new. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom