• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Will Herb return to the Billboard Album Charts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
I wonder if Herb will return to the Billboard Top 200 Album Charts with the CD "Lost Treasures"? It has been since 1987 "Keep Your Eye On Me" (which went to # 18). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

I'd think it has a shot, although I have a feeling it might be more of a steady seller over a long time than a quick blockbuster like current records are.

The older albums will not make the Billboard 200 chart no matter how much they sell, due to Billboard's dopey chart system. The albums COULD land on the "catalog" chart however. (It lists albums that are over 2 years old.)

Anything's possible.
I remember when Rhino reissued the Monkees catalog in the mid-80s. Several of them charted in the Top 200 all over again.
And we all know Herb/TJB was much bigger than the Pre-Fab Four.
JB

My opinion for a return of the TJB to the charts is that times and tastes have changed too much since the sound and style were originally popular.

Don't get me wrong...I'd love nothing better than to see a return to those good old days when music was music, and musical ability and talent actually meant something.

I'm just not very optimistic...it's just not my nature.

Thing is, it really doesn't take all that many sales to get on to the chart. A few thousand copies can do it, some weeks.

One wonders if LOST TREASURES might make a dent on the Contemporary Jazz chart,like DEF HITS did. Material 30+ years old isn't contemporary and,as much as I like this stuff,it ain't jazz-but maybe Sony/Shout will try and place it there for stores that might not otherwise stock this material and be able to claim "XX weeks on the Contemporary Jazz chart" for advertising future releases. Mac

I listened to several sound samples from the "Lost Treasures", and I must say, my adrenalin was pumping like in the 60's! Herb sounded fantabulous, and to hear Julius prominently featured in the mix was the "icing on the cake". I think L.T. has a good chance of charting. It will sell very well too. The samples were about 44 seconds, but they were just enough to make you want more! I'm already dying to hear about a "L.T. Vol. 2" :love: :love: , and also that "dance remix" Mr. Randy Badazz is involved with, I bet that will be awesome. By the way, I was thrilled to read Mr. Badazz's words on this site. Thanks for stopping by.
Long live Herb, Miles, Chet, Butterfield, Gazo, Shorty, and Satchmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom