Windows XP Login Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Three 48x48 bitmap (.bmp) icons you can use on your Windows XP login screen!

amlogo.bmp

http://www.amcorner.com/images/forum/amlogo.bmp

tjblogo.bmp

http://www.amcorner.com/images/forum/tjblogo.bmp

irsman.bmp

http://www.amcorner.com/images/forum/irsman.bmp

Right-click on the URL and choose "save as..." to save on your computer. Bitmap images may display in some browser versions (they appear in Internet Explorer 6 and Netscape 7)--you may also right-click the images to save them.

Shortcut: in Windows XP, click on the "Start" button. At the top of the pop-up menu will be your current icon. Click on that to get to your user configuration screen. Click "Browse for more pictures...", locate the file you've saved, and select it. To change other users, go to the top of this dialog box, choose "Home", and if you have an administrator-level account, you can change the login pictures for anyone else on your computer.

-= N =-
...who's also done a set of Spongebob pictures...

squidward-sq.jpg

"How did I get
surrounded by
such loser
neighbors...?"

Couple more:

xp_south_of_the_border.jpg

xp_south_of_the_border_2.jpg

xp_south_of_the_border_3.jpg

xp_whipped_cream.jpg

xp_whipped_cream_dolores.jpg

xp_warm.jpg

(Right-click and save these.)

-= N =-

Found this old post and just updated my XP Login. Cool!

Harry

amlogo.bmp
HNeyhart, online...

...And after all these years, it still works with my newest XP installation!

Harry

Harry said:
...And after all these years, it still works with my newest XP installation!

It's nice to know that SOME things never change. With my computer still broken I am forced to use my wife's which has Windows 7 and the latest version of Office.

I feel like I'm working with my hands tied behind my back what with the comfortable "File" "Edit" etc tabs missing, the annoying "transparent" backgorund in explorer, the obnoxious apple-like feature of open windows flying to the corners of the screen without any apparent reason and so much more.

Windows 3.1 would be better than this crap. Those annoying commercials with "regular citizens" from around the world claiming they "created" Windows 7 -- well if I had unlimited airfare I'd fly around the world and find them all just to punch them in the face. Curse you Microsoft!

--Mr Bill

Do they have those personal icons in the newer Windows? I've never used them so I wouldn't know.

I'm still quite comfortable with XP. It's doing everything I need it to do, so why change? I suppose that someday, one of thes computers will break down and I'll have to go with a newer operating system. I'll cross that bridge when I have to.

Harry
...who apparently was
US1SysdmXPLogo.gif
, online...

Windows 7 is the best Windows version I've ever used, bar none. XP was solid as a rock, and this one is even more stable with far better performance. It is like someone took Vista and shook all the garbage out of it (Vista was admittedly nasty--I never installed it). If you get or build a new PC that uses multiple-core processors and, especially, 4GB or more of memory, you'll need to install it to access that memory and take advantage of the multi-threading. Well worth it. I am now converting batches of FLAC files for the Zune in record time--a batch of a few hundred that took overnight to process on my old system only took about 40 minutes.

With one or two tweaks you can make the interface pretty much the same as XP...although Win7 has a few changes that are well thought out. (I like how the MRU, or most recently used, list of files is a fly-out next to each application in our start menus...saves a few clicks.) I had to get my Quick Launch bar back, but that was easy. The 64-bit version also has a lot of security enhancements at the core of the OS that help prevent such things as rootkits from installing. (Hey Sony...that means you!)

And yes, it does use the square icons posted here. It is now more flexible in that you can use .bmp plus the three most popular formats of .jpg, .png and .gif. It also automatically resizes it, and crops non-square pictures to the middle of the frame. Like many tasks, it's now easier to use.

XP is still rock solid and I still recommend it for older systems. But for anything based on the newer hardware, where you need the 64-bit OS, Win7 is the only way to go if you need to stay with Windows. (XP's x64 has too many shortcomings and very poor driver support.)

I still support Linux as well, and am using a 64-bit version of Ubuntu 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom