Your First Carpenters Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
First glimpse of the album CarpenterS I was jazzed with that logo. As the story goes 30 years later I carry the logo permanently inked on my person. The reveal reaction is always good for the Karen 'plug'. Anyhow the envelope of the tan lp so unique with Grammy Winner proudly in tow possessed the ultimate surprise when I opened that flap all the while wondering what that strange one inch slit to be. The unveiling of the lovely C's portrait. Rich's haircut appeared greasy not trendsetting but shirt cool. Karen is ravishing and the rich purple fabric of her dress was stunning and popped during initial display. A display that had me scratching my head on assembly. Had to buy another soon as the envelope began warping and was defaced by hidden scotch tape supports. As with all lp's 1st copy played to death necessitating needle change for good measure. 2nd copy became player while 3rd was for recording. All subsequents no matter the medium due to reckless abandon coveting everything obsessively. Quite successfully I add. Here I find myself in eager anticipation of a full catalog release including all solo's with outtakes on SACD. I'll sell my left n•• if called for. I'd offer kidney but less scarring nutwise.

Jeff

Funny stuff, Jeff! And a tattoo! I thought I was being reverent/zealous with my 20+-year license tag referencing "A Song for You." I applaud you!

Well, I recently joked that if I were to get a tattoo, it would be the Carpenters Logo.
That Logo, and the Field Equations of Gravitation (G=8*pi*T) are the only ones under consideration.
And, since Jeff already has The Logo, my choice is down to one.
And, it would be down to one, but, basically I do not like needles ! So, just T-shirts.
But, some good reading on this forum!

Too funny my plate has been Clos2U. Figuring that 'on the day that I was born'...hey, she said it I didn't. No argument with the dear departed outta me.

Jeff

Different forum but my left arm features a daring I Love Lucy logo. Whuda stud huh? However, these tatts didn't appear until I was long out to pasture. Back when I was churning 'em out like a sausage factory they weren't viable.

Jeff

Amazing! I also had the CLOS2U license tag before switching over to a variation of "A Song for You." People have always asked me about both tags...

Early on I wondered if those clueless considered me a perv for Clos2u like wudda he mean by dat? Trust me dearies thought I...this child ain't coming any closer than a song. Those born beyond the 70's or under a rock r all Karen who or Carp what? I'm all okay my insurance is paid...just stand still long enough for my tire trax cuz they're a comin' dumb a•• moron trash!

Jeff

Early on I wondered if those clueless considered me a perv for Clos2u like wudda he mean by dat? Trust me dearies thought I...this child ain't coming any closer than a song. Those born beyond the 70's or under a rock r all Karen who or Carp what? I'm all okay my insurance is paid...just stand still long enough for my tire trax cuz they're a comin' dumb a•• moron trash!

Jeff
Yes, you made me laugh, but in your silliness is an inherent truth: be picky. Take your time. It's Ok and all is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom