• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Strange Sounds Heard at the End of a Song

At the end of Guess Who's "Bus Rider", there's Burton Cummings singing out: "C'mon, and ride, little man...!!!!"

Dave

I always loved "Touch Me" by The Doors. At the end of the song, Jim Morrison can be heard uttering, "Stronger Than Dirt," which was the slogan of Ajax Household Cleanser.

Jim might not of had "perfect pitch" be he had been around music enough to know that the last four chords of "Touch Me" were the same as those in an Ajax television commercials.

This vocal was omitted on the single version which actually has a different mix.

At the very end of Fairport Convention's "Angel Delight", Dave Swarbrick can be heard breaking out in laughter (bet they had some English ale during those sessions...:) ).

The song "Heaven Is In Your Mind" by Traffic (with Steve Winwood) has a lot of giggles & chuckles at the end of the song. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

The same "Heaven Is In Your Mind" by Traffic was also covered by Three Dog Night...

At the end of "Uncle Booger Red & Birdie Nell" by Mac Davis: "Mush!"

Another Mac Davis: "Hope You Didn't Chop No Wood"; more ad-lib dialogue at the song's coda...

"Sweet Little Girl" by Stevie Wonder, Stevie blabs away at the "sweet little girl", putting down his harmonica (Plunk!) & going as far as to say: "Don't make me mad and make me--...!"

Grady Tate "All Around The World": "Hittin' Baboons, with a BRICK!" "--Lions! Tigers! Bears! Monkeys!--OH MY!" gets added to the end, after just "runnin' through the jungle, fightin' lions with a switch" is sung through the song, in the original verse...

Dave

Here's a bit of trivia that I didn't know (although everyone else might know it!): At the end of "Gold Dust Woman" by Fleetwood Mac, the "howls" are done by Stevie Nicks. I would have thought they were Lindsey Buckingham.

At the end of the 8 track of Fleetwood Mac "Rumours", the song "Gold Dust Woman", producer Ken Calliat says "Thank You" at the end. NOT on album or cassette but a rare item!! I got it on my 13th birthday back on May 5, 1978. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

On the Head East "Live" A&M album from early 1979 (NOT on CD) on the song "Elijah" at the end of Side 3, someone says "all right", then lead singer John Schlitt said "You people been lyin' about him no s--t"!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Paul Anka '70's:I hear a trumpet at the end of the last song on Side 2, "Real People"...

Anka even goes as far as to read off how he was "reading about a man in Texas, by the name of H. Ross Perot donating over-$3-Million-Dollars to send medicine & supplies to "our boys in prison camps"..." And reads off a guy, by the name of, "Charlie T. (Tee? (Tea?)", among other vingettes: men & women "making a better world for themselves & the people around them, no matter how much or how little they've got"...

(Perhaps the "trumpet" is a call to Herb Alpert's up-coming "philanthropy efforts"????) :laugh:

Dave :angel:

The performance by Julius Wechter & The Baja Marimba Band.
Ends up with the commentary of "now that was rough" just before the recording was shut down.

A&Mguyfromwayback said:
I don't understand - Paul Anka is reading all of that during the fade of the record?

Well, RECITING, is what I should say... He does a "spoken part" as the song & record fade-off...

My post is merely calling attention to a trumpet solo that faintly blares out as the music fades, but yeah, the "spoken" denouement is also significant...

Grady Tate also blabs away at the end of songs like "After The Long Drive Home": "No one home to cook your food..., or...," etc. and "Theme From MASH (Suicide Is Painless)": More ad-lib's, this time mostly sung... A trademark w/ a lot of singers...

Dave

The last song on AC/DC called "Night Prowler" (from 1979 "Highway To Hell"), the late Bon Scott says "& i'm telling you, there ain't nothin', there ain't nothin' ow..., nothin' you can doooooooooooooooo" & then he says "shazbot, nanu nanu" (Robin Williams slogan on "Mork & Mindy"). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Oh, here's a good (& an obvious) one!...: The muffled "One, two, three, four!" at the end of America's "Sister Golden Hair"...! :agree:

--Helps that I heard this one, yesterday!

Dave :biglaugh:

The Chipmunks song "O Christmas Tree" (from "Christmas With The Chipmunks, Vol. 2) (1963) if you can hear it on headphones near the end of the song, one of the chipmunks says "That's it"!! :o Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Steven J. Gross said:
The end of Blood, Sweat and Tears "Spinning Wheel", where they say "That wasn't too good"....

Which is the LP version... I like the version on '45' better... The Guitar Solo was 'the song', which the album omits, though it has that "carousel flute" playing over and over, at the end, so "That wasn't too good", is self-descriptive...

Dave

Dave said:
Steven J. Gross said:
The end of Blood, Sweat and Tears "Spinning Wheel", where they say "That wasn't too good"....

Which is the LP version... I like the version on '45' better... The Guitar Solo was 'the song', which the album omits, though it has that "carousel flute" playing over and over, at the end, so "That wasn't too good", is self-descriptive...

Dave

I agree

AM Matt said:
On the Eagles "The Long Run" album, the song "The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks", guest singer Jimmy Buffett yells out "Pass me that chivas!" Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Another one from Eagles' ...Long Run--& this should be obvious: AT the end of "Heartache Tonight", before the final drum-roll, one member goes "Break My Heart!"...

Dave

(& Wish, wish, WISH! a singer singing it at Karaoke had done that final line at the end of HIS rendition; he left the stage right before then, obviously because of the crowd mainly being the regulars, too drunk...!) :rant:

The song "Mad Man" by Black Oak Arkansas (from 1973 "High On The Hog") (ATCO), you hear cymbals which sounds like a volcano!! :laugh: :rotf: Matt Clark Sanford, MI P.S. I do have the reissued CD from Rhino.

By the way, the song "Mad Man" is the last song on side 2 which ATCO named "TWO". The song "Moonshine Sonata" (instrumental) kicks butt in which you don't hear on classic rock stations. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

John Lennon bids at the end of the last track of Rock & Roll, Lloyd Price's "Just Because": "Record Plant East thanks you... Good Night!"

(& Upon hearing the incidents of John's (& Phil Spector's) mischief in Los Angeles at Record Plant West and A&M studios, were very hesitant about letting John record his album--previously shelved during the Walls & Bridges sessions--but Capitol Records insisted that they wanted the shelved album-project finished; a postscript there...) :wink: :neutral:inkshield:

Dave

Don McLean "La, La, La, La Love You": A barking dog is heard as Don, at the final chorus of the song, goes: "And I really want you with me, baby... Everywhere... Well, everywhere, except...--", as it fades away...

Dave :laugh:

End of "Greyhound Goin' Somewhere" by Bobbie Gentry:

She names the cities that "she's leavin' for", ending w/ "Delight Arkansas", (possibly coinciding w/ her then-collaboration w/ Glen Campbell--it's his birthplace--...) & it took a lot of listens & turning up the volume to finally hear what "that last city" was...!

Dave

Also a "sad song" & I broke-down bawlin'--And w/ my baby in my arms!!!!--, wonderin' what daddy was burstin' out, cryin' about! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Joe Walsh "You Bought It, You Name It" (1983) has the instrumental song called "Theme From Island Weirdos" at the end of side 2 which goes on forever because you hear a lighthouse bell ringing & waves without picking up the needle!!! Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Back
Top Bottom