Alternative Album Covers

So when will the penny drop? 😂
Must be another one of those quaint British expressions, sort of like "dodgy blook" or "bloody hell" - here in The States we usually say "when will the other shoe fall"...

Stephen, you of course know that the answer is when Richard issues a complete set of songs finally "cleaned up", that is, with Karen very front and center, with orchestra & harmony vocals lightened up and further in the background and all traces of double-tracked lead vocals expunged.

In other words, never.

Now, as I said before, I feel pretty damn sure that everyone here would be "knocking themselves out" to hear that release, but we all know that he would not do this, and his excuses for not doing so are very...dodgy, at best. :)

Must be another one of those quaint British expressions, sort of like "dodgy blook" or "bloody hell" - here in The States we usually say "when will the other shoe fall"...

Stephen, you of course know that the answer is when Richard issues a complete set of songs finally "cleaned up", that is, with Karen very front and center, with orchestra & harmony vocals lightened up and further in the background and all traces of double-tracked lead vocals expunged.

In other words, never.

Now, as I said before, I feel pretty damn sure that everyone here would be "knocking themselves out" to hear that release, but we all know that he would not do this, and his excuses for not doing so are very...dodgy, at best.
I think we all are knocking ourselves out to hear anything new, double tracked or not. After all how do you know until you hear it? And I suppose he doesn’t owe anyone any reasons or excuses for anything. Either we’ll buy it or we won’t. He does what he wants, and good for him! Who wouldn’t?

I think we all are knocking ourselves out to hear anything new, double tracked or not. ...
But there is nothing new, and everyone knows that - there is only the existing catalog to revise, enhance or remix in one way or another to one extent or another...

What I'm calling for is a very special remix, one with Karen's natural voice highlighted and every other aspect of the recording subservient to that - this could be very exciting and has the potential to be the best thing sonically that they ever released...

Unfortunately, and as far as I can tell, I'm the only one "knocking himself out" in campaigning for that to happen.

A more accurate American version of "When will the penny drop?" is "When will you get the hint?"

Not taking a position, just telling you what the phrase means.

Back
Top Bottom