Status
Not open for further replies.

themtb2003

[*Moderator note: Thread title changed so as not to be misleading.]

Former thread title:
pretty world and so many stars wasnt hall! it was bonnie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bonniebowden.com/audio.html

this is her today...Listen to hall on youtube and listen to bonnie..The vibrato is A DEAD MATCH for bonnie and not not hall. Look of love is hall..But Not that song So many stars..Its clearr as day. May say they all sound the same..but a person listening to vibrato can hear the obvious differences..What i truly hate is sergio felt it important to make sure he as a musican was seen on all videos and everyone knew what part HE played in the songs..yet the lead vocals, he allowed to be mixed and shuffled as if they mattered not. He is wrong. ALL people mattered in brazil 66. Writers, the band AND the singers. Today, its reversed.Singers swear Musicians dont matter. When will we all learn? You cant put ONE person on the album and have another faking like THEY sang the parts on stage. Its an insult to the people that actually MADE the music and SANG the songs.

You might want to talk to Sergio about this, LOL. Bonnie didn't start singing with him until 1973 and many of us saw Lani live performing Pretty World and So Many Stars. BTW, Look of Love isn't Lani, it's Janis Hansen, as has been confirmed by both Janis and Lani. :)

Bonnie Bowden's voice is very different from Lani, Karen, and Janis, and is one of the reasons that the sessions on which she performed (the Bell stuff and beyond) sound so different.

It is Lani Hall performing double-tracked on HERB ALPERT PRESENTS SERGIO MENDES AND BRASIL '66.

Lani and Janis performed on EQUINOX and LOOK AROUND, and Lani and Karen (and one Gracinha) on FOOL ON THE HILL.

Lani and Karen performed on CRYSTAL ILLUSIONS, LIVE AT EXPO '70 and YE-ME-LE (with help again from Gracinha).

And Lani bows out after STILLNESS, leaving Karen and Gracinha on PAIS TROPICAL,

Karen Philipp leaves after that and in the door comes Geri Stevens for PRIMAL ROOTS and the A&M finale of IN CONCERT.

Geri leaves, and the Bonnie Bowden era then begins with LOVE MUSIC.

And the rock holding all of these vocalists together is Sergio Mendes. It was his inspiration and guidance that put these groups together, and that is why his name is used in the group's name.

Harry

Harry, I'm sure you meant to say Lani and KAREN on Crystal Illusions, Live, and Ye-Me-Le. Unless we're about to start a whole new round of controversy. :wink:

Oh...of course I did! I fixed it.

Thanks for catching - it was before morning coffee!

Harry

Better have some more coffee, Harry...your post still says "Janis and Gracinha on PAIS TROPICAL." :)

Edit: I fixed it! :D

I meant to say that. :) And it still says Janis leaves, making way for Geri. I think Harry has big globular earrings on his mind this morning.

Or big globs of something in his brain...

Is it alright now?

Geez, maybe the moderator needs changing so as not to be misleading!

Harry

Not without looking at album jackets and credits!

But I can say the alphabet backwards real fast!

Harry

We were on one of our big car trips this summer and Betsy wanted to play the license plate game with the boys, but she couldn't remember all of the states, at which point our 11 year old starting singing a song he had learned in Kindergarten of all the states alphabetically. It was really funny.

Harry said:
Not without looking at album jackets and credits!

But I can say the alphabet backwards real fast!

Harry

If you do the alphabet backwards and get the balancing thing down, then can touch your nose while your eyes are closed, you'll be ready for a field sobriety test! :D

Got to meet Bonnie recently in LA - a very sweet lady; and she is still singing wonderfully, although in a different style - some big band swing, some classical and some Broadway......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom