• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Brasil '66 Alternate Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

satan165

My vinyl collecting is reaching new heights of obsession and its becoming increasing difficult not to purchase this 'mini-collection' of alternate covers to accompany the items already in my possession.

What others exist?
1) Ye-Me-Le -- alternate cover has a photograph of someone dressed as a clown/joker, possibly at Carnival? This is a Pickwick reissue
2) Equinox -- alternate cover has a picture of Sergio's bust (sideview) next to the album/title cover in a catroonish 60s font, pink background. A&M Uruguay release
3) Equinox #2 -- alternate cover is a drawing of Sergio merged with a background of the moon/clouds. Pickwick reissue.

I have not come across Pickwick reissues (at least not with different covers) for any of the other Brasil 66 albums. Anyone have anything else to add?

I have a Pickwick version of CRYSTAL ILLUSIONS that is the exact same as the A&M issue, except for the fonts used on the back cover are larger/easier to read. But that makes it less A&M-like than the original.

I have the Pickwick EQUINOX album with the #2 cover variation. Interestingly, when compared to the A&M release, the playing order is very different, and TRISTE is missing. SO DANCO SAMBA and GENTE are on side 1, and FOR ME and WATCH WHAT HAPPENS are on side 2. It must have been a continuity issue...this way, both sides are approximately the same length, with TRISTE missing.

Dan

My Pickwick CRYSTAL ILLUSIONS has all the songs, but I think it was pretty much the "norm" for PW releases to leave a tune out, in the name of making the album cheaper. EQUINOX is already too short without a song missing!

I've seen some of these covers, too... And some do seem to depict a better impression of what the album's about than the A&M ones do...

Dave :laugh:

--And welcome, Satan 165...! :thumbsup: :thumbsdn: (Handshake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom