Charlie Puth Sings Close to You

I really loved that! Thanks for posting. I’ve always really liked Charlie Puth, he’s such a talented artist and nailed Richard’s piano arrangement on this. Did anyone else also notice he’s singing that in Karen’s key? :shock:

...and did the trumpet solo for fun. For an off-the-cuff thing, this was nice. Equally nice to hear him without Autotune drowning his every note. He doesn't really need it, it turns out.

Ed

A few YouTube comments for this video suggest he was using autotune here. Is there a reason they are saying that - I mean could he have been?

Forgive me. I was listening on a phone speaker when I first heard this. I listened again on my laptop and he absolute is using autotune. Ugh. I couldn’t get through much of that when properly listening. Still, nice to see Carpenters getting a little love.

Ed

Forgive me. I was listening on a phone speaker when I first heard this. I listened again on my laptop and he absolute is using autotune. Ugh. I couldn’t get through much of that when properly listening. Still, nice to see Carpenters getting a little love.

Ed
Thank you for clarifying. I really didn't know, either way. I only listened through the phone speaker as well. I was not familiar with Charlie Puth before this.

Back
Top Bottom