choosing singles from albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodjeans

I hope that everyone is having a great season. If this topic has already been done, please disregard. Anyhow,which songs from each album would you have chosen as a single, and in what order?

Hi All! Here's my Singles picks...

Ticket To Ride: 1. Ticket To Ride 2. All Of My Life 3. Eve

Close To You: 1. Close To You 2. We've Only Just Begun 3. Maybe It's You

CARPENTERS: 1. Rainy Days & Mondays 2. For All We Know 3. One Love 4. Let Me Be The One

A Song For You: 1. Goodbye To Love 2. Top Of The World 3. I Won't Last A Day Without You 4. Hurting Each Other

Now & Then: 1. Yesterday Once More 2. Sing 3. I Can't Make Music

Horizon: 1. Only Yesterday 2. Please Mr. Postmas 3. Desperado 4. Solitaire

A Kind Of Hush: 1. I Need To Be In Love 2. You 3. Sandy 4. Can't Smile Without You

Passage: 1. B'wana She No Home 2. All You Get From Love Is A Love Song 3. I Just Fall In Love Again 4. Two Sides

Christmas Portrait: 1. Merry Christmas Darling 2. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town -(1974 Version should have been on this album!) 3. I'll Be Home For Christmas 3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 4. Christmas Waltz 5. Sleigh Ride

Made In America: 1. Touch Me When We're Dancing 2. Strength Of A Woman 3. I Believe You 4. When It's Gone (It's Just Gone)

Voice Of The Heart: 1. Make Believe It's Your First Time 2. At The End Of A Song 3. Your Baby Doesn't Love You Anymore 4. Ordinary Fool

Lovelines: 1. Where Do I Go From Here 2. You're The One 3. Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night 4. The Uninvited Guest

KAREN CARPENTER: 1. If I Had You 2. Making Love In The Afternoon 3. My Body Keeps Changing My Mind 4. If We Try

As Time Goes By: The Rainbow Connection 2. Leave Yesterday Behind

Ticket To Ride: Get Together, All I Can Do, Your Wonderful Parade --Only because these three make this album somewhat of a 'period-piece'... :goofygrin: (--Though, still, NO THANX!! :mad: to Nowadays, Clancey......!!) :baah: ...And to me, the Title-Track seems so Overrated (and Overplayed)--Sorry! :|

Close To You: Close To You, We've Only Just Begun, Crescent Noon, Another Song

CARPENTERS: Rainy Days & Mondays, For All We Know, Saturday, Let Me Be The One, A Place To Hide Away

A Song For You: Top Of The World, I Won't Last A Day Without You, Hurting Each Other, Road Ode, Crystal Lullabye

Now & Then: Yesterday Once More, (The Entire...) Oldies Medley, Jambalaya (On The Bayou) Sing --Only because this "collection" wouldn't be complete without and I do have fairly fond memories of this when I was a kid, (and am still treated like one--sung the children's "La, La, La, La..." to someone at work who told me "I'm 36-years old", to which I replied that I'm not TREATED like I am by "two people", to whom I'm still...) :laugh: --And, YES, sometimes I DO like it! :wink:

Horizon: Only Yesterday, Please Mr. Postman, Solitaire, I Can Dream, Can't I? --Just because this one has a certain, sort of "uniqueness"...! :badteeth:

A Kind Of Hush: I Need To Be In Love, Sandy, Boat To Sail ...Ah, but NO! :shake: --NOT Goofus!! :hurl:

Made In America: Touch Me When We're Dancing, (I Want You) Back in My Life Again

...with my TAPE DECK, plugged into my Stereo, and Records Ready!!! :jester:

Dave

I always thought that "Let Me Be The One" would have been a good single, and had the creative juices not been flowing for the A SONG FOR YOU album, it might've. But that successor album to CARPENTERS was so strong, and so brimming with singles material that "Let Me Be The One" never got its chance in the sun.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom