• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

FYI: VERY BEST OF ALPERT LaserDisc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
THE VERY BEST OF HERB ALPERT LaserDisc is currently listed on eBay. I already have a copy, and the $89 listed in the auction appears to me to be a decent price for a prized item like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-BEST-HERB-...ther_Formats&hash=item3cb0fc83a1#ht_631wt_909

For reference, this is a LaserDisc. It's a 12" shiny disc that's only playable in a LaserDisc player, BUT, the hook here is that Japan uses the same NTSC television format that we in the US use, so it plays just fine here.

(That fact alone makes it a better viewing option than the VHS version from the UK. That version is in PAL, and if you can get it converted (not easy these days), it's a bit flickery due to the conversion process.)

I have no information nor recommendations regarding the seller, but the item here is the prize. Someone here should want to give it a home.

Harry

And the next required auction: a Laserdisc player. :D

I sold one of my two LD players last year--it's at a mutual friend of ours who has parents living near your old digs. :wink: I kept my Pioneer DVL-700, which can barely play DVDs, but is a fine LD player. The CLD-D406 I had was quite capable as a second player, with rock solid mechanicals inside.

I was showing off some of my A&M-related LaserDiscs to Mike this afternoon. He commented on how odd it was to see a shiny silver disc coming out of a 12x12 jacket.

Harry

I loved the laserdisc.* I was actually disappointed the DVD killed it.

--Mr Bill
* okay, except for having to turn the darn thing over every half hour (in CAV... every hour in CLV)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom