Gone for Awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark-T

Hello Friends,

I will be off on a work sabbatical for three months starting June 1- and I am going to try to wean myself from the internet, letting my brain and soul and spirit refresh.

Thank you for everything.
See you September 1!

Mark

Take care. We'll be here upon your return. Who knows - in three months there might even be some actual Carpenters news!

Harry

Good luck to you...but I confess to not understanding a)why the internet is such a *problem* for some people they feel the need to walk away from it as if it were a disease?; and b)why an arbitrary figure like three months? Why not six, or nine, or five? In the nine years I've been nettin', never felt the urge to walk away once...though I HAVE walked away from sites that just weren't working for me, but that's another kettle o' fish...

As for Carpenters news, don't hold yer breath...:D

:ed:

What I'd really like a break from is the cell phone, although I understand its necessity.

When I got the thing 10 years ago people asked if it was convenient to talk, if I was on the road & needed to hang up, or if it would be more economical for me to call back on a "land line."

Now callers just launch into their life story thinking, for the most part, they can 'waste your time, but not your money.'

There are days I take the internet in smaller or larger doses, but I seldom consider it a burden,
JB

I think some people can get addicted to the net and some kids are definitely addicted to "texting."

I do use the internet quite a bit at work for ordering purposes, but other than that it's a spare-time filler. If I'm at work, and nothing's happening at the moment, I'll pop in here and see if anything's going on. Usually it's one or two quick replies and then back to work. Except for the day that Herb's albums popped up on iTunes, then I was worthless for the rest of that day with all the Corner activity, plus downloading the albums!

If I have other spare time, I'll check out a couple other forums I frequent, plus e-mail and a couple of newspaper sites I like. But I'm not exactly a "netizen."

As for cell phones...don't have one, don't want one. If I did have one, I'd probably keep it turned off unless calling somebody. My wife has one, and when we go on trips we take it with us and it does come in handy. But for every day, I like having SOME time to myself, like when I'm driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom