Herb Alpert and a Christmas CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TJB Xmas Album has brought me and many of us years of enjoyment. Now if I were asked to produce :tongue: his next Xmas CD this is what I would recommend. I think I posted this last year. Later...Jay

1. Let it Snow: Done in a light medium swing style with an ad lib flute solo inserted.
2. My Little Drum: (Guaraldi) Done w/the “Passion Dance” latino bolero feeling.
3. Carol of the Bells: Done with a jazz sextet feel with jazz chorus
4. Trumpeter’s Lullaby: Done w/the “Passion Dance” latino feeling
5. Mary’s Boy Child: Done with an upbeat modern Cha Cha flavor.
6. Silver Bells: Done beautifully with the early Tijuana Brass sound.
7. I’ll Be Home For Christmas (or) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas: One of these should be done as a vocal. I think Herb’s voice would lend itself to either one of these.
8. Medley: Still Still Still/The Holly and the Ivy/In the Bleak Midwinter: I believe these could be put together harmonically to work. I haven’t totally figured it out yet.
9. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year: Done with jazz sextet and strings, this would be one for both Lani and Herb to sing together. (This one might just be to happy)
10. Rockin’ Around the Xmas Tree: Done with his Jingle Bell Rock Dixie swing sound.
11. Terpak-Russian Dance: This could be his next Zorba the Greek. It should be played fast with lots of double tongue.
12. Blue Christmas: End with a trumpet ballad.

You forgot one Jay: the great "Christmas Is For Grownups Too", sung by Lani with trumpet embellishments by Herb.

Harry
...making suggestions, online...

I put up my artificial tree tonight and had some Christmas music going, and one song I listened to would be a good fit for Herb IMHO - "Good King Wencelas". It just sounds perfect for him.

Capt. Bacardi
NP: TJB - Christmas Album

My plan is to have a Christmas CD for 2005...later on that...
"Good King Wencelas" is interesting in its chord structure and phrasing. I've toyed with it for a long time and have felt there's a lot of directions that the carol could go. Interesting you should mention it. Later amigos.............Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom