Interesting Herb Alpert interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like my link doesn't send you to the right place. Click on the "press" tab and then the arrow at the bottom of the page below the video links. The interview is audio only.

Good interview. I was surprised that Herb described the first Carpenters album as "soft" and "delicate." Those are two words I wouldn't have thought of for that album for sure.

He also mentioned he started getting depressed when he found out that the Going Places LP had orders for over a million copies before it was even finished. I'd read that story before somewhere, but in the older version it was the What Now My Love album that triggered Herb's depression. Not that it matters but it's just interesting. I do wonder if that's why the TJB's sound started to change and become somewhat darker in many of their songs, starting with WNML.

Every has their dark period at least herb channeled that emotion to something productve ive composed music wwhile depressed myself its theraputic and sometimes the only way you can express yourself is musically thats one reason out of many that i found herb to be an inspiration to me all thru my life because he is a true overcomer and we are alll the more blessed for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom