Lani Fan Club To Hold A Meeting In Paraguay

Status
Not open for further replies.

PartyRico

Greetings to A&Mers on the www. I just received an email from Karla Mansell who is said to be Lani's biggest fan in Caracas, Venezuela. She also fronts her own all-female band, modelled after The Police. She received an email from a Lani Hall fan named Byron Amieva and their fan club will be holding a "Mega-Meeting" at the Club Las Fuentes in Asuncion, Paraguy to honor Lani Hall. That fan club is called: "Es Facil Amar" which in Spanish means: "It's Easy To Love" (Lani).... :love:

NOTE: Subj Line altered slightly by Moderator to allow "Paraguay" to fit in in its entirety.

I find it amazing that of all these mega-Lani-meetings that are held all over the world, nobody has ever posted a picture or put up a web link or anything. It would be interesting to see what these gatherings look like.

Mike Blakesley said:
--I find it amazing that of all these mega-Lani-meetings that are held all over the world, nobody has ever posted a picture...

I have to echo those very thoughts! Why does Lani Hall seem to have the FOLLOWING, but not the PHOTOS???!!!

Mike Blakesley said:
...It would be interesting to see what these gatherings look like...

Hey, LANI HALL MEGA-MEETING going on at MY HOUSE! Y'all Come! Bring her Albums...! Bring your Cameras...! Dress up like Her...! Dress up like Herb...! :biglaugh:

Dave

Dave said:
Mike Blakesley said:
--I find it amazing that of all these mega-Lani-meetings that are held all over the world, nobody has ever posted a picture...

I have to echo those very thoughts! Why does Lani Hall seem to have the FOLLOWING, but not the PHOTOS???!!!

Mike Blakesley said:
...It would be interesting to see what these gatherings look like...

Hey, LANI HALL MEGA-MEETING going on at MY HOUSE! Y'all Come! Bring her Albums...! Bring your Cameras...! Dress up like Her...! Dress up like Herb...! :biglaugh:

Dave

OK... So, what's your address? Or, are you all talk and no action?

Mike said:
OK... So, what's your address? Or, are you all talk and no action?

I must be! --Ya Gotta Bring Your Own Beer! :nut:

Dave

...Or whatever kind'a Booze you like to...
drunk.gif
:wink:

Here's the information for this event, taken from Sweetbird forum, and posted by Larisa Gutierrez (vicepresident of Es Facil Amar fanclub):

On Friday 23th, February, since 7 p.m., there will be a mega-meeting sponsored by Es Facil Amar fanclub, at Las Fuentes club in Asunción, Paraguay. Local singer Ofelia Castaños will be performing there, and there will also be a memorabilia trading. Don't miss it!

Today is the mega-meeting in Paraguay! I have to miss this event, but I'll be receiving more info from the fanclub.

Karla said:
Today is the mega-meeting in Paraguay! I have to miss this event, but I'll be receiving more info from the fanclub.

OK, it was PARAGUAY!!! :mad: Thought it was PARIS, or maybe PARMA, as in Parma, OHIO...!!!
tongue.gif

Darn, SMALL SUBJECT LINE!!! :cussing: ...And why "to be held" if it's going on now?
6_tongue.gif

Dave

Jazzy Miss Yazmin said:
Here's the information for this event, taken from Sweetbird forum, and posted by Larisa Gutierrez ...

How about posting the URL so we can view this info ourselves?

--Mr Bill

Mr Bill said:
Jazzy Miss Yazmin said:
Here's the information for this event, taken from Sweetbird forum, and posted by Larisa Gutierrez ...

How about posting the URL so we can view this info ourselves?

--Mr Bill

Here's a link to that info:

http://www.createforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=94&mforum=sweetbird

By the way, I heard that the meeting was wonderful. I'm also including these 2 pics (courtesy of Karla Mansell)

yolanda_byron.jpg

Yolanda Medina and Byron Amieva

adriana_manuel_marcelo.jpg

Adriana Esquer, Manuel Urquiza and Marcelo Harris

Party in Paraguay! Looks like fun to me! I'd like to hang out with that Sweetbird Yolanda!

All the best,
Mike

...Louie, Louie...Whoa, Baby...Yeah, Yeah, Yeah-Yeah, Yeaaahhh... :badteeth:

Yeah, Baby...!:cool: --Now I REALLY wish I was there...! :goofygrin:

Dave

Who heard "This Good, Old Music" at the Parties which his parents took him to, after he acted up at home with the baby sitter, 'cause his parents "woudn't let him go at first", and then ran over to the house across the street, to be with 'em and the Stereo there was playing Mott The Hoople's "All The Young Dudes"... :laugh: :tongue:artyhat:

Are the snide skeptical remarks really necessary or helpful? Some folks here seem to have already forgotten that Herb initiated his career by going "Down Mexico Way", and borrowing elements from the "Mexican Mariachi" sound, plus the "bull-ring" shouts and crowd noises on the record that helped put him on the World Stage. Lani Hall became a world recording artist by recording Portuguese Songs from Brazil. If you ask me, some of your "xenophobic skirts" are showing. Perhaps some of you believe you have some sort of "monopoly" on being a die-hard fan, or that maybe you posess a monopoly on all there is to know about these great artists, but you don't! I've been meaning to express this for quite a while but I believe these "divisive attitudes" that sometimes pop up here at A&M Corner have alienated some wonderful and informed people who no longer feel welcomed here. And some of you wonder why Herb, and Lani don't participate here.....Duh! :sad:

PartyRico,

I'm sure some of the comments here could easily be misconstrued as skeptical at best and (if one wasn't familiar with the sense of humor most here possess) as somewhat rude, I assure you it is not the intent. Humor is one "art form" that does not lend itself well to translation, and that is something both the writer and reader must keep in mind. (Remember, the pun is the least translateable form of humor).

We're all thrilled to imagine that, while American music fans flock to "Beatle Conventions" and fan clubs for top pop stars of the present day abound, somewhere in this big beautiful world there are dedicated fans of the "not-so-famous" or "no-longer-popular." The existence of this site proves even a "has-been" like Herb Alpert has a devoted & dedicated following.

Believe me, we are thrilled that Lani's popularity "south of the border" is likely greater than here in the US where naysayers love to believe she's a recording artist ONLY because she's "married to the owner of the record company," never mind she was a top notch vocalist years before she and Herb were even an item.

So while some comments hinted at or even expressed outright skepticism, it was strictly our desire to see such a devoted following in the form of pictures and URLs to help bolster our own beleif that Lani (as well as Herb and Segio) do indeed have that international following that makes the music such a pleasure to listen to locally and internationally. The photos and URLs have eliminated any skepticism this moderator may have held. I believe my fellow moderators will concur...

--Mr Bill

I apologize for any harm I may have incited in my gripes over the Topic Subject being being too long, but it is easy to see that the Title's going to go from "Mega-Meeting To Be Held" to "Mega-Meeting Going On" in the same thread...

My comments were just to be taken in fun as far as the photos of the party were concerned... It does look like everyone there is having a good time...

I was born too far long after this A&M stuff started and begged my parents to go to a party that "wasn't a kid's party" 'til I finally justified them finally taken me, after I was a real "hellraiser" to leave at home with the sitter... --Unlike my younger sister, who just had to be put to bed... (Man, what the mere mention of "P-A-R-T-Y" can do to someone who's just turned TWO--OK, maybe THREE...!) :tongue:artyhat:

Didn't mean any kind of rude or malicious intent, just that--Well, Humor is Krayola Dave's Biz! :badteeth:

Now if only after my "Endless CAMPAIGNING" that I could'a gotten others, including my Best Friends and Co-Workers into the "A&M Thing"...! :sad:

Dave

...With what a "Regular Member" just concurred... :goofygrin:

I appreciate your comments Mr. Bill. I beg to differ, only because I have seen a "pattern" that when a fan from Latin America jumps on board this fine site, some start taking "pot shots" and trying to ridicule them in some way. This is NOT an isolated incident. By the same token I'm not interested in "pointing fingers", but would love to see the issue resolved. Sometimes we are NOT aware of our behavior as some of it is born of habitual patterns we have learned along the way. The thing is we are NOT born with our foibles, we are who we are from what we learn, and by the same token we can change our patterns if we care enough to do so.
One of the reasons Music is so powerful is that it is a force that contributes to unity, not division. If fans from wherever come to the A&M Corner they should be welcomed, not pushed away. That's basically my point. Now as to folks wanting "proof" in the form of "material evidence", I can only say that perhaps some cultures are more into "living" than into material collecting". Perhaps they tread lighter on this Earth, I'm not sure. What I can say is that you will be hard pressed to find more loyal and truer fans anywhere. I have been on both sides of the "border" and that is what I have seen.
It might be good to also remember that "those who can see the invisible can do the impossible." Yet in these troubled times some just don't have any faith and that is very sad to me. Yet precisely because some have so little faith, they can be conned by almost anything, or anyone. To some reality is fiction, and fiction is reality....
This ties in a bit with the recent "hullabaloo" relating to the Herb re-issue I-Tunes files. Some want the music. Others want more. Some also want "CD covers", photos, liner notes. etc. Some want more than "music" we may also want material "proof", and we do live in a material society, for better or for worse.
A forum is supposed to be a place where there is a free exchange of ideas with respect for all. I'm just hoping it remains thus. Thanks and greetings to A&Mers on The World Wide Web.

Good points, Bernie. Thanks for expressing your ideas so eloquently.

Harry

Thank you Harry. I just want to say I really LOVE this site! I visit it "religiously". I am awed by the knowledge you all have, I used to think I knew everything related to the A&M Universe. Of course it was very sobering and humbling to discover this great site with so many true fans. It's just that I felt sad when some were being made fun of.
I suppose to some folks, Herb and Lani are what are called "has-beens", but I can vouch that in Latin America this is not so! They are respected, emulated, and revered. Our brothers and sisters South of the Border are keeping the A&M "flame or torch" burning brightly, and very much alive. I simply do not find anything humorous or need to put them down for loving the A&M legacy as much as we do up in the States. No offense was intended towards anyone, and I recognize I am simply one small component in this site.
I also "take back"my use of the word "Xenophobia". That was a nuclear weapon, and "over-kill". Not really necessary, so my apologies to anyone that may have felt hurt or "attacked"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom