• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New Herb Alpert facebook Page!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Sidoruk

Founder, A&M Fan Net
Staff member
amherb02.jpg

I am introducing my Herb Alpert Face Book page, which can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Herb-Alpert/294175360666560

This is still a work in progress, so I would encourage you to check in every day to see the new entries. I have set it up to follow Herb's career using the Timeline. There is more to fill in, so I ask you to be patient as there is much keyboard work ahead for me.

Thanks,

Steve

Very, VERY nice page! I just skimmed through it but man, that's great. There's quite a bit on there that I haven't seen before.

I do have one suggestion -- I think you should put a notation somewhere that Herb isn't doing this page himself. Anyone with internet sense would know it, but not all fans are that savvy. People thinking it's Herb's own page will start putting up things like "You should release SUMMERTIME, it's my favorite!" and "I love your new CD" and that kind of thing.

That was my initial thought too - I soon realised that Herb didn't do this page himself, but it wasn't that obvious. I do not support facebook myself so I am not familiar with it at all. I am surprised that You are allowed to create a page for another person - I sincerely hope that Herb is happy with this and I hope that people with ill intent do not smear it. It could turn out to be a positive tool though, maybe Herb WILL visit and enter into some interaction with his fans .......

Dave ....

I own an interactive marketing agency; among our offerings are Facebook development and social media. And the head of our social practice gave it two thumbs up and liked it. If they had a "love" button, I would click that.

WOW! In all the years I have seen album/CD discographies for Herb, this one's gotta be the most complete ever, and in great color and quality. I've been a Herb fan since the mid 70s, and it seems ironic that it's taken so long for a resurgence of popularity. Thanks so much to Steve for bringing this dream to reality!
Lot of fantastic photos from over the years, some better than others... and the photos of Herb and Lani together are great too. I especially liked the one with Aria as a little kid blowing her own horn!

Great page, Steve. With all of your knowledge and all of the items you have, this is just wonderful. Herb should be very happy that you take on all the work with creating this page, and I am sure he is. Keep it up!

- Warm greeitngs from the cool north -

Martin

Hi guys how you all doing? first, I love the new face book of herb Alpert excellent job. there was a picture in the Tijuana brass photos, I had posted from the Cleveland Press TV guide back in 1967 when the tjb first TV special was on. I had posted that here on the corner a few years ago. and I am VERY happy that they posted it thanks. The question I have is who is the web master for the new face book of Herb Alpert?. Because I have the two autographs of both Herb and Tonni Kalash that I had got when they did a 2 Nighter here at Blossom Music Center. in Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio back in August of 1968 that I would like to post on the face book site. but I do not know how.so again I am happy that the picture is being used thanks again.
bob

Great stuff Steve. Thank you for making it all public for us non-Facebook people.

Harry

thanks lonely bull. I did not see it but now I did. Steve you did a excellent job on the new ha facebook. thank you for creating it
bob

just one quick question was the new herb alpert facebook taken down or what? I went to view it just now and I could not see it.
bob

I have temporarily "unpublished" it as I am working on it. Too many people there as I'm trying to get my formatting and styles set up. Probably be back on by 4:00 EDT.

hi again every one just to let you all know the ha on fb is back up. thank you Steve. Hey Steve a quick question where did you get those coaster sets of the remastered cds?. becasue I would like to buy a set for my own collection.
bob

They were from Shout! Factory and probably are no longer available. However, a search on e-Bay might turn something up.

Must be down again. There is another page called "Herb Alpert Lani Hall" which has very little activity, and another "Herb Alpert" page with no wall or anything, but over 14,000 likes. (Maybe that's Steve's page in disguise?)

I saw it was down again as well today mike. so I guess we all have to wait till November. I can't wait to see all of the excellent items
bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom