• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Spotlight: Lani Hall - ES FACIL AMAR (SP-37012)

What Is Your Favorite Song On This Album?

• Es Facil Amar

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • De Repente El Amor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fantasma

• Amor Sin Mañana

• Si Me Amaras

• Un Amor Asi

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Ramito De Violetas

• Dama Dama

• Paginas Prohibidas

• Pequeño Ser

• Never Heard This Album

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Lani Hall
ES FACIL AMAR

AyM SP-37012

sp37012.jpg

Released 1985

Format: Vinyl/Cassette

Peaked at #3 on the Latin Pop Album chart
Won a GRAMMY Award for Best Latin Pop Performance

Produced by Albert Hammond
Arranged by Michel Colombier except * arranged by Randy Kerber

Songs:
  • 1. Es Facil Amar (A. Hammond/L. Sayer/O. Gomez) - 3:49*
    2. De Repente El Amor (a duet with Roberto Carlos) (A. Hammond/Anahi) - 3:59*
    3. Fantasma (A. Hammond/O. Gomez) - 4:16
    4. Amor Sin Mañana (A. Hammond/Anahi/KC Porter) - 3:48*
    5. Si Me Amaras (A. Hammond/C. Sager/O. Gomez) - 3:48
    6. Un Amor Asi (a duet with Jose Feliciano) (A. Hammond/S. Fachelli) - 3:15
    7. Ramito De Violetas (E. Sobredo) - 4:35
    8. Dama Dama (E. Sobredo) - 3:17
    9. Paginas Prohibidas (A. Hammond/Anahi/KC Porter) - 3:45
    10. Pequeño Ser (Joaquin Montoya) - 3:26*

Musicians:
Lani Hall - Vocals
Joe Chemay - Bass
Neil Stubenhaus - Bass
John Robinson - Drums
Michael Landau - Guitar
Michel Colombier - Piano and Synthesizer
Randy Kerber - Piano and Synthesizer
K.C. Porter - Synthesizer
Paulinho da Costa - Percussion
Herb Alpert - Trumpet Solo (1)

Recorded at A&M Records Studio "B", Hollywood, California
Engineer: Benny Faccone
Assisted by Magic Moreno
Mixing Engineer: William Bottrell
Mixed at A&M Records Studio "A", Hollywood, CA
Mastered by Arnie Acosta at A&M Mastering Studios, Hollywood, CA

Jose Feliciano's voice and guitar on "Un Amor Asi" recorded at Baby O Recorders, Hollywood, CA
Engineered by Hill Swimmer
Assisted by Glen Kurtz

Roberto Carlos's voice on "De Repente El Amor" recorded at Sigea Studio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Engineered by Edu de Oliveira
Assisted by Beto Vaz
Thank you Mauro Motta for your collaboration

Un agradecimiento especial a Manuel Montoya por su dirección y apoyo. Albert Hammond por su creatividad y enorme corazon. A Roberto Carlos y Jose Feliciano por compartir su gran talento conmigo. Y siempre a mi amoroso esposo Herb Alpert, mi inspiración, y a mi hermosa hija Aria.

Lani

Capt. Bacardi

This is the third of the three cassettes of Lani's Latin material that I picked up on the same day. At that time, I had no clue that the album had won any awards - indeed I'd not heard of its existence.

But I picked it up and really enjoyed it for the most part. Again, the Spanish language prevented my understanding of the lyrics, but it had never hampered me before with the Brazilian stuff, so it didn't matter to me here either.

As with her other Spanish albums, I enjoy the duets with the male counterparts. Jose Feliciano was a known quantity as was Albert Hammond's name in the credits.

To this day, the song "Pequeño Ser" sounds like a song I'm familiar with from somewhere else, and I'd love to know what that is. The lyrics of course don't register, but the tune is awfully familiar.

I'll vote for the title track as favorite - another superb Herb trumpet part backing Lani.

Harry

I heard about this album for years and never had access to it... that is, until the world wide web made it possible for me to order my own copy from ebay. Well worth the wait, this was my second favorite of Lani's latin market albums (the first being "Lani" from 1982). It's really too bad that she became ill and had to leave her career at the pinnacle. But at least these albums were out, and if one is persistent enough, can obtain a copy.

Ive unfortunatly had no knowledge of lanis spanish only albums until the 90s however i was lucky to hear a couple of tracks one in particular not on this particular album is her duet with jose jose te quiero asi which to me appears to be herb alperts latin lady but with lyrics my favorite lani hall spanish track nonetheless i also enjoyed her medley of brasil66 songs and still sounds fabulous with the passage of time i hope all of lani's albums make it to cd or digital in some way someday

All of Lani's Spanish albums (LANI, LANI HALL, ES FACIL AMAR, and LO MEJOR DE LANI) are of course out of print, but all CAN be found on eBay. Prices are a little high for vinyl, ranging from $15-$20 a piece. Of course that does no good if you've not got a turntable...

All of these are really terrific albums - she just shines here.

Harry

Thank you for the recommendations Harry if i may say so lani shines on every recording shes ever sang on always has and always will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom