• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The High Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark-T

We speak so often here of the difficulties and tragedies in the lives of Karen and Richard.
From what we know in their interviews, what are some of the high points that brought them joy?

Mark

I think it would be safe to say that winning 3 Grammy's and Having 3 #1 songs not to mention some kind of record for the most charted #2's and being the biggest American born act of the seventies...might crack a smile. Oh yeah, and meeting me!

Jeff

I'm sure that a high point must have been the very first time they heard "Ticket to Ride" on the radio.

I think one of the high points in Karen's career definitely would have been recording with Ella Fitzgerald in 1980 for "Music,Music,Music".I'm sure Karen probably requested to record with Ella for that special.

mstaft said:
We speak so often here of the difficulties and tragedies in the lives of Karen and Richard.
From what we know in their interviews, what are some of the high points that brought them joy?

Mark

Well, I'd say their career, before it even started must have been a High Point.

Being "discovered" and signed on to a Big Record Co. and being where The Music Biz was in the first place (they MOVED there, you know...).

World Tours, Richard's Car Collection, earning nearly every kind of Music Award...the High's definitely outweighed the Low's...

Dave

I think, when CLOSE TO YOU, the single, reached No.1 on the charts, that was one of the highpoints of their lives.

But I can't say, from what I know, that the highpoints outweighed the low points in their lives. To die at such an early age is such a low point - I think, this can't be outweighed by the highpoints.

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom