• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

To honor the 45th anniversary - a new tribute album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slept on this again and also thought it would be nice to have Reba do a bonus holiday track of Merry Christmas Darling. I think she could do a nifty version that would stand on its own - but wouldn't diminish the original.

Don't forget the already-recorded version by Amy Grant using much of Richard's arrangement.

Harry

Oh right, I remember going to Radio Shack to get this Christmas CD because it had this unreleased track, of all places who would have thought Radio Shack would be selling it. :laugh:

Carpenters: A Nashville Tribute

A collection celebrating the iconic duo’s 45th anniversary in the recording business.

Country artists who were touched by the legendary recording act – & songs that resonate yesterday, today, and tomorrow. (Benefiting the Carpenter Family Foundation)

Produced by Tony Brown

1) Top Of The World – Taylor Swift (more of an organic arrangement with a banjo and a more blue-grass vibe)

2) Rainy Days & Mondays – Martina McBride (Classic Martina - belting out the chorus...)

3) Two Sides – Carrie Underwood (I can hear her in two parts harmonizing on the "Well I don't know how to say it, 'cause I never though I could... God knows I've tried so many times...")

4) This Masquerade – k.d. lang (Nothing more to say...)

5) Superstar – Faith Hill

6) Reason To Believe – Dixie Chicks

7) A Song For You – Tim McGraw

8) Sweet, Sweet Smile – Reba and Darius Rucker (Think the "Wagon Wheel" arrangement)

9) I Believe You – Ronnie Dunn (slight lyric revisions here and there)

10) Something In Your Eyes – Vince Gill

11) Boat To Sail – Blake Shelton

12) Love Me For What I Am – Miranda Lambert

13) You’re The One – Randy Houser (A great balladeer... If you don't know his work, give a listen to: 'Anything Goes' or 'Like A Cowboy')

14) Those Good Old Dreams – Keith Urban - (Banjos and acoustic guitars galore!)

15) Still Crazy After All These Years – Willie Nelson (If he hasn't recorded this yet - he sure ought to...)

16) One More Time – Trisha Yearwood

I've enjoyed everyone's lists so much - that I wish this really would happen!

Fun topic, one which I obviously wanted to take some time with to adjust and tweak until I got it the way I wanted... This is why I should never produce an album! It would surely never make the deadline! :wink:

A really great song list and singer choices. I would definitely agree with mstaft:

WOW Barry, what a great line up! I'd buy that disc in an instant.

even though I am not a big country fan, this would make a great listen, as have everyone elses' choices. It is great to play producer for even a brief moment in time.

Thanks Barry and everyone for posting and playing along

Where did that extra verse at the end come from? I've never heard that before. Her version is good but I have never heard anyone sing it better than Karen.

Yes Chris I do agree with you that Karen just does so much justice to this song that no one else quite compares. Although her version with Ella Fitzgerald comes close in that medley from 'Music, Music, Music'; just wish there has more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom