Typo on Rita Coolidge's Birthday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.B.

I noticed on the May birthday list that Ms. Coolidge's D.O.B. was listed as 5/1/1931. However, in the All Music Guide, her D.O.B. is shown as 5/1/1944. I was wondering about whence the discrepancy?

The Cap'n has been following the birthdays...but I know he was using a less-than-reliable source for some A&M birthdays (which he's found several errors in). So if you're certain it's the different date, I can make the change in the database. (All-Music has some errors also, so I wouldn't rule them out either.) One thing Mr Bill does is double-source his data, which will weed out errant information.

But I'm sure from Ms. Coolidge's point of view, she'll take the more recent of the dates!! :)

-= N =-

W.B. said:
I noticed on the May birthday list that Ms. Coolidge's D.O.B. was listed as 5/1/1931. However, in the All Music Guide, her D.O.B. is shown as 5/1/1944. I was wondering about whence the discrepancy?

It is 5/1/44. The date for 5/1/31 is supposed to be for jazzman Ira Sullivan. Thanks for the heads-up. We'll get it fixed!

Capt. Bacardi

One of the TV stations recently interviewed her when one of our famous California fires got dangerously close to her home -- in that interview she certainly looked like the 1931 date was accurate! :wink:

--Mr B

Uh, well...when I saw Rita Coolidge in concert (Dec. 2000), she looked like she could'a been born at a later date. :wink:

Dave

Gioccho Adesso: Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge "Part Of Your Life" FULL MOON :laugh: SP 4403

Captain Bacardi said:
It is 5/1/44. The date for 5/1/31 is supposed to be for jazzman Ira Sullivan. Thanks for the heads-up.

Much obliged. I saw the rectification thereof.

And I noticed that the aforementioned Mr. Sullivan appears to have an A&M connection himself; I saw in the All Music Guide an LP he put out c. 1976(?), under catalogue number SP-706, with one track featuring bass work from a chap named Jaco Pastorius.

Mr Bill said:
One of the TV stations recently interviewed her when one of our famous California fires got dangerously close to her home -- in that interview she certainly looked like the 1931 date was accurate!

Might've been the lighting . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom