Wes Montgomery Two-fer coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Amazon.com has notified me that two of Wes Montgomery's A&M albums (A DAY IN THE LIFE and DOWN HERE ON THE GROUND) have been combined into a import two-fer. This disc will be released on February 6, 2006. Click here to pre-order.

According to the Amazon listing, the recordings have been remastered and contain new liner notes. The current selling price is $18.99.

Harry

I'd wondered for some time what the fate of these two CD versions was... if I remember correctly, both of them disappeared from the brick-and-mortar stores' (i.e., Barnes & Noble) shelves a little over a year ago. That might have been the time when the rights to them were bought, though Virgin Megastore still carries a number of copies.

Good to hear that there will be new liner notes.

A Day In The Life has seen so many reissues--didn't it just get reissued along with Qunicy Jones's Walking In Space by A&M/Universal?! Down Here On The Ground has been served by such Injustice! ...That is it did NOT get the Liner Notes and Musician info that the two Montogmery on A&M releases before and after got; not on A&M or the Budget-Line Rebound...

...Yes, and what about Road Song?! :shock:

...Anyway looking forward to buying these two titles, AGAIN! :rolleyes:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom