Wes Montgomery Two-fer release

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was actually a "Past Topic"...:

And I like I said...

...er said:
A Day In The Life has seen so many reissues--didn't it just get reissued along with Qunicy Jones's Walking In Space by A&M/Universal?! Down Here On The Ground has been served by such Injustice! ...That is it did NOT get the Liner Notes and Musician info that the two Montogmery on A&M releases before and after got; not on A&M or the Budget-Line Rebound...

...Yes, and what about Road Song?!

...Anyway looking forward to buying these two titles, AGAIN!

Dave

I forgot about that thread, and I *replied* to it! :shock: Anyway, I brought up the point that one track was missing on my copy. Could this have affected others, as well?

"The Fox" is not listed in the Amazon listing, yet you say it's listed on your package?

I still have the old A&M CD for A DAY IN THE LIFE, and the Rebound/A&M CD for DOWN HERE ON THE GROUND, so I won't be needing this one.

Harry

seashorepiano said:
Harry said:
"The Fox" is not listed in the Amazon listing, yet you say it's listed on your package?

Yep.

Amazon now has a "Wiki" feature where you can enter additional details about the product. Might be worth pointing this out.

I don't see a reason for leaving it off--two A&M/CTi albums easily fit on one disc, with a lot of room to spare!

Right on, Rudy. The only thing I can think of is that the manufacturer accidentally left out the track on a whole batch of CDs, or I was the lucky fellow to pick up the red herring. These are all short tracks, heck, short albums comparatively speaking! Off to that Wiki...

Eh, I have to once again question the worth of this set... Are there at least new liner notes? Is the original Musician info still there? A "Complete A&M Works" would at least sport all THREE A&M/CTi releases, PLUS the "unreleased material" on A&M's Backlot Series Edition of Greatest Hits... --And now there is a track MISSING...?? :confused:

Anyway getting the Original A&M issue AND the Rebound edition of Down Here On The Ground and NOT getting the Original "inner sleeve" was enough money spent...!! :mad:

Dave

I see that this comes from Beat Goes On Records-www.bgo-records.com- and they list "The Fox" as being on the CD,also bragging about deluxe slipcase packaging(gee,a hunk of cardboard to keep you away from your music,thanks a lot) and new liner notes.
BGO does have a history of screwing things up. Years before EMI finally brought out their Pacific Jazz holdings of the 1960s Buddy Rich Big Band,BGO brought out some of this wonderful stuff in 1993. Because I didn't buy all of them,my memory is hazy on the mistakes. I think they were trying "two-fers" on SWINGIN" NEW BIG BAND and KEEP THE CUSTOMER SATISFIED(?) and omitted tracks(like an entire side to one of them). In any event,I did get THE NEW ONE,which for some reason,they decided to re-title TAKE IT AWAY. Now,if you were a fan of this material,you would be looking for this stuff under its original title(they DID include the original cover art. And anyone discovering the band today would not know why it would have such a title(the closest clue I can fathom is opening track is titled "Away We Go",the theme to the summer TV show Buddy,George Carlin and Buddy Greco(?) hosted as a replacement for Jackie Gleason some 40 years ago.
BTW,BGO has a forum for Q&A.I didn't spend time there but either the subject may have been brought up or perhaps if it was brought up,the dingbats could give an explanation for their deluxe shortcomings Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom