What Carpenters items would you most like to own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.C. Jr

Even if they are not within the realm of possibility or you'd never pay that much for it, what would be some of your top picks? Here are some of mine:

1. "Looking for Love"/"I'll Be Yours" 45 single
2. A LP version of Karen's solo album
3. "Little Altar Boy" 45 single

And, like most Carpenters fans, all LPs of the original albums, including Offering.

A time machine and a ticket to a Carpenters show. Hm, maybe this should be called the "fantasy items" thread... :D

Anyway, I'd like to one day have the Sweet Memories set, the (Reader's Digest?) set with the DJ-delete oldies medley, or a copy of Karen's solo album (in any format).

Interestingly enough, in Q/A section of the Carpenters Fan Club Newsletters,
it is stated that neither Karen or Richard kept a diary.
Obviously, the information later came to light with the Coleman Biography.

I would like the
Money Cube Promotional item for Made In America,
or,
an RIAA presentation Award.

A time machine and a ticket to a Carpenters show. Hm, maybe this should be called the "fantasy items" thread... :D

Anyway, I'd like to one day have the Sweet Memories set, the (Reader's Digest?) set with the DJ-delete oldies medley, or a copy of Karen's solo album (in any format).
Yes! It would be amazing to see them live!
:b-pianodance::b-drums::b-guitar2::guitar:

Being a car nut I would love to own Karen's Jaguar XJS, but the truth is I'd be afraid to drive it anywhere! So I think I'd also have to go with a set of KC's drum sticks - that would be pretty special.
Actually an autographed LP by the C's would be great too!

Karen and Richard themselves... To produce, engineer and guide their career and even be their manager, music director, touring with them, and all...

-- Dave

I would want their Grammy Awards. :D

But seriously, I would like to own the JAPANESE SINGLE BOX set. Even though I need another Carpenters compilation like I need a hole in my head (and even though I already own THE COMPLETE SINGLES set), I have to admit that from a sheer collectibility point-of-view, the JAPANESE SINGLE BOX is probably the coolest one ever produced. The packaging from what I've seen is brilliant.

I would want their Grammy Awards. :D

But seriously, I would like to own the JAPANESE SINGLE BOX set. Even though I need another Carpenters compilation like I need a hole in my head (and even though I already own THE COMPLETE SINGLES set), I have to admit that from a sheer collectibility point-of-view, the JAPANESE SINGLE BOX is probably the coolest one ever produced. The packaging from what I've seen is brilliant.
Great choices! I've wanted that Single Box since I first laid eyes on it...then I saw the price. :shake:

Maybe I would really just settle for their house on Neville Avenue... I have seen at least one video of it here, and it was nicely finished and probably has a lot of nice features and a neat floor plan...

Richard's cars are nice (and whatever automobiles Karen had were probably good, too) but I think I'll get my own classics cars and stuff I really like, for my own transportation...

-- Dave

I would love a complete remastered Blu-Ray collection of all their videotaped/filmed concerts (i.e. Australia, BBC, Holland, Budokan, New London, any video of their Vegas performances) over the years, plus any select performances from Make Your Own Kind of Music and the 6 TV specials that RC would allow. I would actually prefer that for the 50th over vaulted material like "Thank You for the Music".

These chairs would look good at my place. :)

photo-of-carpenters-photo-by-michael-ochs-archivesgetty-images-picture-id74256448

Cool! Is that on public display somewhere or in Richard's house? They were a gift from Carol Burnett if memory serves me correctly.

No, Richard keeps these stored away at his warehouse. And yes, they were given to them as a gift upon appearing on the Carol Burnett Show. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom