• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

What do you think Herbs 50th album will be?

I think it's kind of Too early to speculate about it but I will say I think it will be A Milestone and another Wonderful collection of Songs and As always Plenty of variety and a few surprises as we have seen on his most recent albums

He's been going at a pace of an album every couple of years, so maybe he will call it "50 at 90."

I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't released a "Live" album of one of their current shows. As many people as have seen the tour over these many years, it might be a pretty good seller. He could release that with a companion video.

Maybe he will release a collection of the TJB specials on video. That would be super cool.

Or maybe a Lost Treasures 2 collection.

Lots of great possibilities.

I'm a bit surprised that he hasn't released a "Live" album of one of their current shows. As many people as have seen the tour over these many years, it might be a pretty good seller. He could release that with a companion video.

I also wish he'd reissue the two albums with Lani---ANYTHING GOES and I FEEL YOU.

Amazon, as of this writing, has one I Feel You left, and 8 Anything Goes. I suspect they are the HAP versions. Does anyone know if they, or any other HAP releases are OOP?
I do know the high-res versions of the HAP catalog were downgraded to 24-bit, 44.1kHz as opposed to the original 24/88.2 they were released in. I'm glad I got them when I did. No idea what the thinking is behind downgrading the resolution to that extent.

Was rewatching HERB ALPERT IS documentary and he was playing RISE on the piano. What an awesome album that would be just him playing the piano of those hits!

Back
Top Bottom