• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

What Will They Say About Herb Alpert In 100 Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will they say about Herb, in 100 years?

They’ll probably refer to him as:

The Godfather of Brass
The Billion Dollar Tijuana Horn Tooter
The Boss of Brass
The Chairman of the Brass
The Man of La Mariachi

Well, maybe, maybe not... I'll let you know what they say when I'm 150 years old.

Well, if I'm around for another 30 years (I'll be 52 in September) Mr. Alpert will be remembered because he's been a major influence in my musical life and most of us on this site. In 100 years from now, (I will probably care less about anything because I'll be in the marble orchard) HA will be remembered in American pop culture along with Elvis, Sinatra, Beatles...etc. But it will be his trumpet playing and his uplifting songs and arrangements that will be remembered, not his abstract paintings. I know Mr. Alpert has so much to say musically. He needs to record...record...& record. Later amigo(s) JO

"Who's Herb Albert?", would probably be my guess...but of course, that would be among those who Don't know him like We do...!! :nut:

I guess "They" who do will say "he's the greatest we got", given what the rest of the music world will be like then--we'll have people who will have contributed just as Poorly to the Music Industry as what we're seeing now, at least ONE who MIGHT contribute to it as Constructively as Herb has, and of course a couple who will just be "pale imitations" of Alpert's Colorful Career, that just "know how to play the trumpet"...

My thoughts....:cool:

Dave

Let's just hope they remember how to tap their toes to music in 100 years... if they still have toes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom