• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Whipped Cream "Shopping" Thread (Get your WC yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew!!! What a joke!! I finally got one today, but not before calling practically the entire Cleveland area!!! One Borders had FIVE and sold out in an hour and a half!!! Got my copy at a local FYE and it was the only one they got in. Anybody else run into this mad rush???

hi all, I hope you all are enjoying the re released of whipped cream, I have to wait , becasue I went to our local best buy and the 2 that they had orderd some lady bought the only 2 that they had. I even got their
a half hour before the store open ,but she told me she had called the store to hold 2. so I orderd mine through amazon, at least I will get it. in maybe 3 days.
bob

Mr Big-Bill said:
all-small said:
...some lady bought the only 2 that they had...

...Probably Krayola Dave's Mom! :laugh:

--Mr Bill

9943035653f12103ec131e.jpg

Total posts: 38
[0.08% of total / 0.06 posts per day]
Find all posts by Kathy
Interests:

...Yes, whatever did happen to her, anyway? :wink: Oh, well, one account, per Online address, per household ...And, Per Entry in the Shout! Factory TjB Promotional-Give-Away...!!! :badteeth:

...Who should've MOVED OUT long ago, THEN gone on the A&M, ABC, etc. Record (and CD) Buying Binge... :help: Oh, well, Rent is STILL FREE!!! :goofygrin:

Dave

YEAH,

C-D Universe has just notified me that my Whipped Cream (Shout! Factory) album was shipped April 19th. Oh baby, Delores Erickson in a digipak layout. Dessert is served. I feel like giving them one "Gold Star" but I don't have one anymore. How ironic.

Tom :D

Yesterday, release day, it hit #34 on Amazon. Today it's gotten as high as #40--so far. Got the last copy at my local record store.

I think we need to rename this thread "The Whipped Cream Anticipation and Chart Action Thread" as with the exception of myself, Harry and one or two others all the other posters are rambling about topics covered in other threads. I would love to see more posters reviewing the CD as the thread suggests. I, too, am thrilled about the chart action of WC, but there's another thread called "How Well Are The Reissues Selling" where that info belongs and for those who haven't gotten their copy yet there's a pre-order thread for your posts. Please let's have some reviews of WCAOD in this thread.

David,
asking that we try to stay on topic :shock:

thetijuanataxi said:
David,
asking that we try to stay on topic :shock:

Good idea--I'll clean up the thread in a few moments. Thanks! And yes, it helps all of us if we stay on topic.

Thanks David for the suggestion, and thanks to Rudy for cleaning up the 'mess.'

I suppose that with the sometimes difficulty in obtaining the release and the exited anticipation, people just naturally wanted to contribute.

Harry

So if I stay on topic here, I can say that I didn't get WC yet. I'll probably head out tomorrow, or next week, rather than try to find a store that has it in stock. From the posts here and elsewhere, it seems there's been a bit of a rush on this title! :thumbsup:

I don't know how the Best Buy stores are in Michigan, but in the Dallas area, they've been a reliable store to find them and their prices are usually pretty good. That's where I would start Neil if you've got one nearby. Borders is also likely to have it but you'll probably pay 3 or 4 bucks more for it. FWIW, the 2 bonus tracks alone are worth the price of admission. BTW, thanks for separating the threads.

David,
noticing that the release of WC is boosting the sales of the other reissues as well on Amazon......

I picked up a copy yesterday at Borders - the only copy that was left. When I went to pay for it the lady behind the counter started telling me how she loved the TJB back then, so I told her what was happening with the reissues and she was all excited about it. She said she would start hoarding some copies for herself. Good thing I got mine when I did. :D

Capt. Bacardi

BTW,if you look at a Borders price sticker,you can see how many copies came in that shipment(and, for new releases, usually how many were supposed to be in the store on the first day). Underneath their UPC there are three rows of info-the first is artist and which sub department to file the album-the second contains their company generated number for that SKU(stock keeping unit),followed by the type of product(CD,DVD,etc.) and the next number is the number of units for that shipment and the date shipped. So if your number is 5,you can assume that they ordered five copies for that store-bigger releases may be a bit more difficult because of possible preorder add ons and special orders for a title. Just because there may only be one copy in the rack,there may be multiple copies still unsold in the store. Reserved copies(held for a limited number of days),listening post copies,copies in the new release area,an order in the back room still not out-these may all be places hiding merchandise. Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom