🎵 AotW Xmas AOTW: Christmas Album, Herb Alpert & The TjB

Status
Not open for further replies.
daveK said:
I think the b-side of one issue of "My Favorite Things" was "She Touched Me".
Which is correct -- and which I have; it was the second issue of "My Favorite Things," catalogue #1015. And my pressing of this was from Columbia in Pitman, NJ, with their collection of Linotype fonts gracing the label copy artwork (their pressings of the first "My Favorite Things" issue, c/w "The Christmas Song" on #1001, had label copy artwork imported from their Santa Maria, CA plant). Moreover, that copy of "My Favorite Things"/"She Touched Me" I have also has the distinction of being one of the last (if not the last) A&M releases in any vinyl configuration to have had their lacquers cut at Columbia's Hollywood studios at 6121 Sunset. (The "My Favorite Things" side bears a lacquer number of 'AM-1600 1-E'; "She Touched Me," 'AM-1626 1-E'. Which differs somewhat from how A&M mastering engineers etched their lacquers.)

Which reminds me: It is for similar font-related reasons that I have the second release of "Come Saturday Morning" by The Sandpipers (#1185, as opposed to the first issue on #1134).

OK, you're right. "She Touched Me" is another B-Side of "Favorite Things" (and maybe proof that "Favorite Things" IS more than just a Christmas song and meant to be heard year-round, after all :wink:).

Any Picture-Sleeve Copies of #1015? Did I mention?: #1001 on one side of the P/S, has a smaller version of the TjB CHRISTMAS ALBUM cover for "My Favorite Things", while on the other side, "The Christmas Song" sports a photo of him wearing shades.:cool:

Dave :santa:

I was thinking that maybe "The Christmas Song" was intended to be the a-side of the first release. They were pretty much releasing all of Herb's vocals as singles during the wake of "This Guy's In Love With You". It's hard to tell what the intended a-side is sometimes on those 60s singles as A&M was often in the habit of emphasizing each song on different sides of the picture sleeves.

Dave- My picture sleeve for 1001 has the Herb/Santa photo,sans shades, on each side. Is this an error? Also,though I do not have release dates,I suspect that there was not a lot of time between the release dates between 1001 and 1015 and,in all probability,this was meant as another Christmas season single. If " My Favorite Things" had received chart action after the holidays,it would have frustrated both consumer and label for LP sales(LP sales were probably what the label wanted all along)since the Christmas LP would have disappeared from stores after the holidays. Mac

jimac51 said:
Dave- My picture sleeve for 1001 has the Herb/Santa photo,sans shades, on each side. Is this an error? Also,though I do not have release dates,I suspect that there was not a lot of time between the release dates between 1001 and 1015 and,in all probability,this was meant as another Christmas season single. If " My Favorite Things" had received chart action after the holidays,it would have frustrated both consumer and label for LP sales(LP sales were probably what the label wanted all along)since the Christmas LP would have disappeared from stores after the holidays. Mac

Well, I am going to have to see if there's a picture sleeve with Herb w/o shades.

Dave:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom